Android is losing

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I hate iCrap but I have to say they do a great job putting together a ncie system. Plus the interface is so damn beautiful design-wise and makes Android look like a cheap dress... Thats why I hope development really peaks for the MIUI Rom, just looks better.

I feel like Android is going to climb, but I dont see it happening for a while. They need to rethink some things. The iPhones are just so snappy and gorgeous.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
You feel Android is going to climb? Do you mean like in refine or what? As far as market share goes it's been climbing for a while. Design wise it's also doing so and with Ice Cream or whatever they decide to call it they're going to call we'll get hardware acceleration so the smoothness will definitely increase.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I feel android just can't compete when it comes to iOS, now my reason is android is made by google, ten phone companies make android for each specific device. Now the possibilities for bugs and bug fixing is now in a much greater time frame because google as to fix it then the device company pushes the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I may be in your boat. Depending on when (if) the Bionic is released and how it stacks up. My daughter just got an Iphone 4 and I must say it's pretty sick.

My wife is wanting an iPhone now.

*>FLAME SHIELDS ACTIVE<*

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Lol I already switched, i had it for about 20min then I jailbroke it & it took about 20 minutes for me to drive home from the mall lol... Best device I've purchased in awhile.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I feel android just can't compete when it comes to iOS, now my reason is android is made by google, ten phone companies make android for each specific device. Now the possibilities for bugs and bug fixing is now in a much greater time frame because google as to fix it then the device company pushes the update.

What about the Nexus devices?

cloudstrife05

Reaction score

What about the Nexus devices?

The Nexus S is a great device ...but its on T-Mobile.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Still the nexus s is just one device & I'm talking more about android that can't compare.

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Muchh better, of course besides the fact that apple hasn't released the 4.3.x update for CDMA iPhone... But a The iPhone with cydia= so much more customization then any android user can think of...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Muchh better, of course besides the fact that apple hasn't released the 4.3.x update for CDMA iPhone... But a The iPhone with cydia= so much more customization then any android user can think of...

You like to exaggerate to much. I strongly disagree with you. And nexus S cant compare? Haha, ok. Suddenly pigs start flying. :icon_eek: The way you state stuff just makes the iPhone on a pedestal. I don't get where you coming from that Android cant be customized as much as iPhone. I know lots of apps that customize anything i want. What is is exactly that make iOS more customizable? like especially to the point where you state "cydia= so much more customization then any android user can think of..." :wacko:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

You like to exaggerate to much. I strongly disagree with you. And nexus S cant compare? Haha, ok. Suddenly pigs start flying. :icon_eek: The way you state stuff just makes the iPhone on a pedestal. I don't get where you coming from that Android cant be customized as much as iPhone. I know lots of apps that customize anything i want. What is is exactly that make iOS more customizable? like especially to the point where you state "cydia= so much more customization then any android user can think of..." :wacko:

Question, have you done a Jailbreak on an iPhone 4? Have you worked with Cydia?

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That's where you're wrong, apps on android edit files that can be done by hand. Almost no app can add a different status bar or catch a double tapp of any button and launch an app or do something depending on what app you have open
From a completely different standpoint idevices have a ful apt system and have almost every executable from sudo to make and cross compiling tools.
Let's see android get those

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Question, have you done a Jailbreak on an iPhone 4? Have you worked with Cydia?
Only for half a week, had to stop playing with it give it back to my friend. But yes, i jailbroke it for him. He wasnt so tech savvy, but i got the job done. I prefer android becuase im used to it, but iPhone 4 wasnt so bad, just different. My sisters iTouch is jailbroken too, that one has no custom mods to it though, only emulators i wanted. My point here is though that Both are customizable and neither really blow the other out of the water. Anything is only a code edit away.... which is why the statements said above are really meaningless. I think both are equally modifiable... If you don't like something then change it, that simple. As and android user i can think a lot of mods to do.. whos to say that Cyndia adds more customizations that i can think of.
Which is why i dislike the over exaggeration.