Android Auto and CarPlay Coming To Mazda's Lineup

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
img276399457-1439236816891.jpg

Android Auto is one of those things that I would love to have in a new vehicle purchase, but I won't be going and spending the upwards of $1000 which is required to add it to my current vehicle. Android Auto had seemed to slow down as we haven't really heard much about it, but car manufacturers are still adding it as a feature in new models. Mazda is the latest to announce this for upcoming cars. They have not given an ETA so far, and we don't yet know which models will receive the upgrade.

A Mazda spokesperson Jacob Brown has also mentioned that Android Auto and CarPlay may be retroactively available on all Mazda Connect systems as a minimal hardware addition. This means the new system might be available for models going back to 2014.

via Cars.com

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would gladly drop a couple hundred to add Android Auto to my 2017 Mazda 3. I wonder what hardware is actually required. It seems like it ought to be a software upgrade that could be flashed as a Mazda Connect update.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Paging PereDroid to the white courtesy phone.....

tommyz

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure someone has already hacked some Mazda Radios to work with Android Auto and a few other hacks.

tommyz

Reaction score
Looking at the original picture in this article. That is not Android Auto and it is also not a Mazda. That dashboard shown looks pretty cheesy, Mazda's have much nicer materials than that.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Looking at the original picture in this article. That is not Android Auto and it is also not a Mazda. That dashboard shown looks pretty cheesy, Mazda's have much nicer materials than that.
That is in fact a Mazda 3's dash. Mazda's are that cheap. Sorry.

2014-Mazda3-hatchback-cockpit.jpg

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
The photo in the original post of this thread is neither a Mazda nor Android. It looks like Apple's car app but it's not in a Mazda.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed the software that lets you push Android Auto onto the existing Mazda Info Center or whatever they call it. I pushed several of the tweaks but did not push Android Auto at this time. There is apparently a bug that interferes with the bluetooth phone function but they expect that to be fixed in very near future. That tweaking software is pretty awesome.