Android 6 Marshmallow is Coming Soon to the NVIDIA Shield Android TV

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
shield-android-tv-marshmallow.png

The NVIDIA Shield Android TV will soon get Android 6.0 Marshmallow. NVIDIA themselves shared that info to coincide with CES this year. Here's a quote from their presser with more of the details,

"We’ve made a commitment to supporting the SHIELD family with frequent, meaningful software upgrades. We’re continuing to honor that pledge as Android 6.0 Marshmallow heads to SHIELD Android TV.

S’more to love: Android 6.0 Marshmallow coming to SHIELD Android TV.
Among the biggest enhancements Marshmallow brings is Adoptable Storage, which helps you super-size your storage capabilities. When adding an SD card, USB drive or external hard drive, SHIELD Android TV can recognize the new storage as internal memory."

Along with Marshmallow, NVIDIA has promised a number of other cool features and functions with this new update as well. Be sure to check out the video below or the source link for all the details.

Source: NVIDIA

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's that video:

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Marshmallow coming to a TV device and yet I sit here on lollipop with the LG flagship V10. Very sad that the update process is so slow for most non-nexus devices.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Marshmallow coming to a TV device and yet I sit here on lollipop with the LG flagship V10. Very sad that the update process is so slow for most non-nexus devices.
Lucky you have lollipop. My Droid Maxx is on KitKat and we were promised Lollipop.