Android 6.0 Moto E 2nd Gen Storage Problem

LegionWhale

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto E 2nd Gen, Android 6.0.2
The system is contradicting itself about apps taking up storage space. It says that my apps take up 3 GB, but when I add up the totals of my individual apps storage space, it barely comes to 2GB.
Also it says I have used up 4.5 GB of internal storage, but I've only used up '3 GB' of app storage, 0 images, audio and videos, 0 caches data, 100 MB of 'other', 0 downloads etc.
I don't understand, please could someone help me with this? I should be able to download at least 1 GB more of apps but I can't.

shoprovers

Reaction score
Hi
Its very common problem in moto e that it shows less storage space in internal memory even after installing few apps.The reason is that it has already many apps which comes with mobile like hp print,google play etc.If you have downloaded other external apps in your mobile than you can trasfer it to the memory card so that you will manage some storage in your internal memory and would be able to download other apps.
Thanks

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The system is contradicting itself about apps taking up storage space. It says that my apps take up 3 GB, but when I add up the totals of my individual apps storage space, it barely comes to 2GB.
Also it says I have used up 4.5 GB of internal storage, but I've only used up '3 GB' of app storage, 0 images, audio and videos, 0 caches data, 100 MB of 'other', 0 downloads etc.
I don't understand, please could someone help me with this? I should be able to download at least 1 GB more of apps but I can't.

When you go into Settings > Storage (or Storage & USB depending on model) > Internal, how much space is used by Cached Data? I had a situation with my daughter's phone recently and it would not let her install a new app; said she was out of storage space. There was 1.8 GB in Cached Data on her phone. Tap that and select OK to clear all of the cached data and it cleared up all that storage space. Just a suggestion.