Android 5.0 Lollipop For The HP TouchPad!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

There are so many of you who have said that Android has improved enough over the years that you no longer see a need to root or rom your device. I have always been a pretty big advocator of the Android development community and custom Roms. The number one reason that I have always followed the dev community is the fact that not only can they get the latest and greatest version of Android sometimes weeks and even months ahead of the OEMs, they also continue to update devices long after these devices have been end of lifed and in some cases continue to update devices after OEMs go out of business altogether!

A few years back HP got into the tablet business releasing the HP TouchPad which included the WebOS. After HP announced that they would be discontinuing all WebOS tablets they placed the device on a $99 fire sale until they were sold out. Many modders picked up this tablet and quickly started to develop roms for the device. It wasn't long before they had CM running on it! Ever since then the TouchPad has kept up right along with AOSP updates! Developer "flintman" has released Evervolv 5.0 Lollipop for the Touchpad!

If you want to run Lollipop on this device head to the link below for the download.

via XDA

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hmmmm....I may go for this. Have to see how buggy it is first but my Touchpads been rolling fine on jelly bean or KitKat for a while...forget which is on there lol

boidsonly

Reaction score
Yes, might have to set aside some time to update mine as well.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lollipop builds have been around for a few months now. Last I tried it wasn't very stable. Hopefully they've made improvements by now to stabilize it.

on the move..

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm currently on Jelly Bean, as this was the last build that could be put on the Tablet without repartitioning the system partition. KitKat required repartitioning and I did not have the time, nor the will power to get my hands dirty redoing everything.

However, given the age of the device, and for what I use it for, Jelly Bean is JUST FINE.