Android 4.4 KitKat for Verizon's Moto X Already Rolls Out to Some Users

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
kitkat_on_the_moto_x_by_kxrider369-d6rw8iw.jpg

We have reports filtering in that the Verizon version of the Moto X has already started receiving the Android 4.4 KitKat update. This only applies to folks who are Verizon Wireless beta testers in the Motorola Feedback Network. Still, it bods well for am imminent launch of the update to all users. Verizon usually doesn't send out a test update unless it is very close to completion.

If you feel like you might just start seeing pigs fly, you are not alone. It's highly unusual for Verizon to start getting new updates sooner than other carriers for their devices. This suggests they have been working diligently and closely with Motorola to knock out this update quickly. More than likely we can expect the final rollout within the next 3-4 weeks; we'll keep you apprised as things develop.

In the mean-time, if you are one of the lucky soak test partners, don't share how you like it, because we don't want you to get in trouble and lose your Moto Feedback Network status. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If google keeps this up people coming from a galaxy nexus (looking to stay vzw) may want to go x

Reaction score
kitkat_on_the_moto_x_by_kxrider369-d6rw8iw.jpg

We have reports filtering in that the Verizon version of the Moto X has already started receiving the Android 4.4 KitKat update. This only applies to folks who are Verizon Wireless beta testers in the Motorola Feedback Network. Still, it bods well for am imminent launch of the update to all users. Verizon usually doesn't send out a test update unless it is very close to completion.

don't share how you like it, because we don't want you to get in trouble and lose your Moto Feedback Network status. :)

I am confirming an official update on Verizon moto X software 4.4 downloading now on two of them! Looks official so far :) I'm in New York if location helps at all.

rza49311

Reaction score
Just checked my Moto X and it's pulling down the update as well.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Installed my Kit Kat earlier this afternoon. Not a beta tester, just got an OTA notification that an update was available.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
You guys suck. LOL KitKat was supposed to be rolling out for the Nexus 7 a week ago but it is MIA.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You guys suck. LOL KitKat was supposed to be rolling out for the Nexus 7 a week ago but it is MIA.

The ota already rolled out to the nexus 7. I am running it now.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
The ota already rolled out to the nexus 7. I am running it now.

You are one of the few. When did you get it? Most of us on the Nexus forum are still waiting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It was pushed but then my tablet froze. I ended up having to use the nexus tool kit to restore stock unrooted then push 4.4 myself and re-root.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
I have the kit kat ota for the moto x. Anyone know if its root-able yet?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk