Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluetooth Voice Dialing and FroYo - It Works!!!

Yep, I just tried it out and it does work. I did a "call home" test and although it was a bit weak I could hear a semi robotic voice repeat call home. At that point Google seemed to take over looking at the phone as it searched and then called my home phone number.

I know for me and for many of us this was a huge bummer to not to be able to drive without handsfree voice dialing. No more!!!

I've only been able to have a few bites of Froyo but what I have had, I like a lot.

I installed 2.2 last night and ditched it this morning. I will wait and see what themes, ROM's come out. I have no issues with Jrummy .8 or BB1.1. I did not notice anything all that dramatic in speed increases.

Froyo looks and sounds great! I know everyone who is rooted has the ability to get this now. And I know this question probably has been answered somewhere, but is there any info on when the updates are rolling out for the rooted phones?

Just wondering. Thanks!

anyone tell me how to get the 2.2 update

Page 1, that's where you start. All the info is on that page.

Bill I think he meant for us that aren't rooted and do not want to root. Is there such a download yet? I haven't found one.

I have everything ready to put this on my non rooted droid. To go back to 2.1 I'll need to use rsd lite correct? Or can I do a nandroid backup of my current setup to get back to 2.1?

The reason I ask is I just want to make sure I know how to get my phone back to where it needs to be to get the official 2.2 when it drops.

To install froyo you need to root via sbf which will bring you back to 2.0.1 I think theres a rooted version of 2.1 that you may be able to install but I never used an unrooted 2.1 so I dont know.

To receive the OTA update you need to be stock (unrooted) 2.1.

So with most people who are/aren't "R'd" playing with the download, is there any news on when the official version will be coming out?

I'm not brave enough - or rich enough - to attempt to DIY it. And before anyone says "C'mon Kev, all the cool kids are doing it" I will say that my current financial situation prohibits me from attempting anything that might damage my phone. If anything does happen to it, it's back to my Razr.

So... can we have news about Froyo and release dates, if anyone has any?

no sir...that was my nick in the Corps

I was a sniper during OIF I and I had 12 confirmed kills before 6am. My squad nicknamed me cereal killer because I killed a lot of men at breakfast time : )

That's possibly the most bad ass nickname story I have ever heard...

I agree CK is the most bad ass person on this site :)

yeah, to say ohterwise puts a big ass target on your back, but for him, a small ass target for the sniper part.:icon_evil:

@kevinJ: Rich enough? It costs maybe $5-7 to root your droid (buying rom manager, temp monitor, setcpu and root explorer). 99% of the time rooting wont do damage to your phone, the only possible way to really brick it is via SBF and even then its highly unlikely.

JHankG said:
Cereal Killer said:
no sir...that was my nick in the Corps

I was a sniper during OIF I and I had 12 confirmed kills before 6am. My squad nicknamed me cereal killer because I killed a lot of men at breakfast time : )
JHankG said:
That's possibly the most bad ass nickname story I have ever heard...

Totally agree, that awesome! I always wondered about the nick name, I though maybe you love to eat cereal lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back