Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
incredible still isnt rooted so....

unless someone can port this to incredible with a htc signature.
but if people could replicate the sig i think they could have root.

i bet it will be put out by htc soon though!
i might just switch with the wifey if it is ( gave her my DI cause of no root )

also forgot to mention that i tried to get the chrome to phone extension and its not available at the moment.

people who have it got it at a earlier time?

either way it looks like maybe google knows people are running froyo on DROID and removed it cause it doesnt work?

unless i cant seem to find the extension for some reason.

also forgot to mention that i tried to get the chrome to phone extension and its not available at the moment.

people who have it got it at a earlier time?

either way it looks like maybe google knows people are running froyo on DROID and removed it cause it doesnt work?

unless i cant seem to find the extension for some reason.

There is an extension you need to download for the PC version of Chrome, and then an apk to install on your Droid. But you are correct in one regard: it isn't working (at least for me) on my droid. When I select "Register Device" it just hangs on "Registering Device..." Also, when I try to use it on my Chrome browser, I get an error.

ive checked for the extension and i cant find it, ive found some direct links to it but they take me to an unavaible page.

did you recently install it? or did you install it when it first came out?

i know its not working correctly but i think google took it down so i cant even install it on pc.

I have installed multiple different kernels and all of them have the same problem: Wifi won't stay connected. It connects, drops, scans, connects again... Keeps cycling like that every few seconds mo matter what kernel I try. All else works great. Any ideas? Don't know if this is a kernel issue or an issue w/my router (although wifi is fine when I flash back to cyanogen).

I have installed multiple different kernels and all of them have the same problem: Wifi won't stay connected. It connects, drops, scans, connects again... Keeps cycling like that every few seconds mo matter what kernel I try. All else works great. Any ideas? Don't know if this is a kernel issue or an issue w/my router (although wifi is fine when I flash back to cyanogen).

did you wipe data and cache when you loaded? Some of the other threads have been having similar problems and that seems to be the common denominator

did you wipe data and cache when you loaded? Some of the other threads have been having similar problems and that seems to be the common denominator

Yes, I did wipe data & cache 3x before install. Everything was gone EXCEPT my background wallpaper was still there on reboot. Did I miss something in wipe?

Yes, I did wipe data & cache 3x before install. Everything was gone EXCEPT my background wallpaper was still there on reboot. Did I miss something in wipe?

Not sure what it could be beyond that. Sorry

Tip: Move Apps To Your SD Card In Froyo

Does it have wifi tethering?
and Apps2sd will be in the final build
Apps2sd works in the version you posted. Moving applications over to your SD card in Android 2.2 is actually incredibly simple. The problem right now though, is that it’s up to developers to actually allow their apps to be moved to the SD card.
apps2sd.jpg

If you want to force move an app to the SD card, you can do so in Titanium backup. Simply long press on the app you want to move and choose “Move to SD Card.” Then if you go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>SD Card tab, you’ll see your app listed. You will also see a “Move to phone” option if you tap on it now.

Tip: Move Apps to your SD Card in Froyo | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

After moving the apps, I noticed that after a power down/up.... the original icons are gone.... replaced by the standard droid icon.... anyway to get the original icons back.....

thanks

Froyo looks and sounds great! I know everyone who is rooted has the ability to get this now. And I know this question probably has been answered somewhere, but is there any info on when the updates are rolling out for the rooted phones?

Just wondering. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back