Android 2.2 battery life problems?

Woodard2589

Reaction score
im using ultimate droid and my battery is only a little worse then it was with 2.1, still enough to get me thru a full day tho.

ragee

Reaction score
Embarrassing to admit, I used to have a terrible battery life until a friend pointed out that I was using a droid case with a magnetic flap closure (causing the DROID to go into multimedia mode). I recently converted to the Verizon case made exclusively for the DROID with velcro closure and now I get at least 3 days batter life where before it was only several hours.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I've had just about the same battery life. I'm running black ice with a 1k kernel and have no problems.

Try a different setup?
Stock and ran all the different Kernels....

In comparison to my current set-up (DarkEdge/2.1) I was experiencing higher temps (15 degree increase under load) and "severe" battery drain.

I say severe because under my normal usage usage habits I was down to 60% battery in a couple hours.

I keep a clean version of 2.2 to test kernels but to no avail.

Some better builds should be floating around in a month or 2.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I'm on the second 2.2 build. Battery may be a little worse than it was with BBv1. I attribute that to two things.

First, my Froyo is basically stock, with all the stock apps and apps that open themselves up in the the background. BB removed some of those apps and it also was more aggressive in shutting down resource-using backgroung apps.

Second, JuiceDefender isn't working on my 2.2.

For now I'm sticking with my current 2.2 build until the source comes and better, more stable ROMs are available. Can't wait for a better BBFroyo.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Well coming from BB v1.0 and Bekit's 800 Mhz LV kernel to BB Froyo and p3Droid's 800 Mhz LV kernel my battery life is about the same. The first day was worse but that's because I used the phone like a new toy. Today has been my standard usage pattern and so far the same as it was on BB 1.0. I'll have to run through it for a week or so ti get a better idea if it is better or worse but as of right now it's about the same.

Wadzii

Reaction score
I'm running the ud beta with p3's 125/1.25 kernel. I have the time w/o signal bug and my battery life is about 1/4 of what it was with ud new era 1.4.5.

I need some help here, 7hrs of battery life sucks, i used to get ~28hrs

dwagner88

Reaction score
I don't really know what I did, but the other day I got fantastic battery life. I had bout 20 minutes of phone calls, 15 or so texts, and some market browsing, and I was at 90% still after 12 hours off the charger. With similar usage today, I am at 60% right now after 13 hrs off the charger. I always keep wifi on.

eliassami5

Reaction score
Came from BB1.1 Nextheme to the first build of 2.2 and had a little less battery life with 2.2. Then i updated to the newest build of 2.2 and my battery life went down the drain. Unplugged my phone at 6am, by 9am the battery is already at 80%..keep in mind i did not use the phone AT ALL, except for sending 1 txt, didnt even turn the screen on more than once. by like 6pm my battery is at 15% and prompts me to charge it. I ran p3's and chevy's kernels and did not notice any difference. I went back to the previous version of Froyo (FRFxxx) and my battery life is back to respectable, but im still yearning the battery life i had when using BB1.1. Im probably going to restore back in a couple of days if this battery issue causes me headaches.

I can wait it out for a better build.

bbohannon

Reaction score
I don't understand what the problems are with froyo? My battery life improved with froyo and baseband update and I am overclocked and keep it at 900mhz???

Woodard2589

Reaction score
my battery life was good when i posted a few days ago, just slightly less than on 2.1. however, i flashed UD beta, instead of the alpha i was on, and now my battery life is just terrible. so i think im going to wipe the phone and see if it fixes anything

Crazy

Reaction score
I've also noticed a short battery life on my Droid on 2.2 Froyo (Bugless 0.1).

& I'm using Chevy's low voltage 1ghz kernal too.

So I just went back to Bugless Beast 1.1

dcmargush

Reaction score
Several of us have noticed this problem with the Verizon stock 2.2 code drop. Is there any suggestions?

BKS

Reaction score
Several of us have noticed this problem with the Verizon stock 2.2 code drop. Is there any suggestions?

I received the OTA update to 2.2 late last week and for the 1st couple days battery life was fair. For some reason the last 3 days it will not hold a charge longer then 6hrs with minimal to moderate use! PLus I make a concerted effort to turn the screen off when not in use.
I have a stock Droid with only a few apps (none that should be heavily running in the background)
When I checked my battery useage it says the Droid OS is using 37%...don't know what that equates to but this ridiculous.

I have no idea what "kernal" or what my current Mhz is at???

If this keeps up though...I'll be forced to return it & get something else which I don't want to do. But I can't even make thru a whole day at work with limited usage. :icon_evil: