An iPod brought me to Droid

Blind_Aim

Reaction score
I've made a few posts to this forum, but never thought to post an intro. In July, a bank was having a promotion giving away free iPod touches for those that open a bank account with them. I thought "what the heck, I could use an iPod." I reasoned that if I decided I didn't want it, I could probably get over $100 for it. Well, I procrastinated and made my 1 required purchase a couple days before the October 1st deadline. It arrived the day before Thanksgiving and I found it so useful as PDA, I found it in my left pocket, with my basic phone plan flip phone in my right pocket. After about a month of using it, I thought that to be a little much, but didn't want to pay $40 more per month to have a smart phone. The AT&T plan was too much, so I decided I'd get an Android phone. Sprint was offering a nice plan and I wanted to be sure to get on something like that while it was still available. I envision that unlimited data plans won't stay around long as more people get smart phones.

I documented the rest in another thread, but in a nutshell, I ended up ordering this Droid X on 12/23/2010 for about $15 more a month than I was previously spending. dancedroid I received and activated it the following Monday and can say I'm extremely happy with my decision.

It won't be long before I root my phone and start playing around with development.

Last edited:

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community and the android os is amazing. It's fun to program, install roms, and tweak it to your liking. Feel free to ask questions and enjoy the stay

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Excellent intro post and welcome aboard. I spent years and years listening to music (well, actually it was audio books) on an iPod and using my trusty of Blackberry 7590 and then a Palm Treo 750 for everything else. Carrying two devices, charging two devices, syncing two devices; it was terrible. The along came the Droid in November of 2009 and I've been hooked on Android ever since. One device that does more things better than the others combined.

You've sure got to love the X - spectacular screen!!

OP
B

Blind_Aim

Reaction score
When I opened the web browser on the Droid X, Samsung Galaxy S, and HTC Incredible, there was no question that the X had the superior screen. You can say all you want about Super AMOLED, but the white on this was actually white. It was blueish-gray on the other two.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
My Blackberry Pearl was my first all in one device, replacing my Razr and my Sony TH55 pda. I haven't looked back. Welcome aboard and good choice for a device. The X is terrific. If the Bionic wasn't announced, I was looking to get an X to replace my D1.