AMC and Dish

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
So I am missing my favorite show now, The Walking Dead, and its all these twos fault. I've hit them both up on G+, Twitter and FB. Any other Dish subscribers out there missing out on some AMC goodness?? We need to inundate them with post about this until we get our shows back!!!!!

Not everyone can just dump a service for 1 channel, switching is out of the question for me. So we need to make them both aware they are only hurting the consumer and not each other in this.

I'm not saying it was aliens...bit it was aliens.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I am missing my favorite show now, The Walking Dead, and its all these twos fault. I've hit them both up on G+, Twitter and FB. Any other Dish subscribers out there missing out on some AMC goodness?? We need to inundate them with post about this until we get our shows back!!!!!

Not everyone can just dump a service for 1 channel, switching is out of the question for me. So we need to make them both aware they are only hurting the consumer and not each other in this.

Call and voice your concerns. 2 years ago the Gospel Music Channel was on directv but not dish. So we called and requested for that to be added. 4 months later it was added.

So spread the word so people will call and get your "walking dead" back.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My understanding is AMC was pulled temporarily. Something to do with switching satellites it beams down from.
FWIW Dish owns Direct but can't consolidate due to anti trust. They also own Blockbuster and Sling now.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
My understanding is AMC was pulled temporarily. Something to do with switching satellites it beams down from.
FWIW Dish owns Direct but can't consolidate due to anti trust. They also own Blockbuster and Sling now.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<
From a Beano

AMC was pulled because they were forcing providers to carry a couple other channels. Dish decided those channels weren't worth it so dropped them all. Its not temporary as of now.

I have voiced my opinions on this, hoping some others will jump on them as well.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping I can watch the shows on the web. If not, I guess I won't be watching the show anymore as I can not afford to buy them on DVDs I prefer the dish network over direct TV and my local cable service so I guess I'm stuck without it as well:mad:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just in case nobody knows this yet, AMC is back on the dish network:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yeppers...am so happy!!!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

interesting ,, first i heard of this .i happen to have direct tv.. i am avid sports watcher they seem to have the best sport packages ... they cut some pretty good deals if you call and haggle them..

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score