Amazon Prime Instant Video App Comes to Android in the US Only

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amazon-prime-instant-video.jpg

We have great news for Android users who are also fans of the Amazon Prime Instant Video service. Amazon just made an Amazon Prime Instant Video app available for Android! You can grab the app at the Amazon App Store. Now it's easier than ever to watch your Amazon Prime free movies, TV content and more.

On top of this, the Amazon app itself got an update to version 5. This update allows you to browse Amazon’s catalog of digital and physical products and services. It's great to see changes like this take place.

To get started you need to do a couple of things. One, you will need to download and/or update your Amazon app from the Play Store. After that you will need to install the new Prime Instant Video app from the Amazon Appstore.

Here's a link to grab the app for free: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N28818A

Reactions: cr6

swc2001

Reaction score
Well its about Freaking Time!!!! LOL
Now to the More important Question..... Does it allow you to use Chromecast?
I just bought one and that would be SWEET!!!!
Thanks for the update... Downloading now!!

:Update: Chromecast is not available in this app..... Bummer!

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I downloaded it straight from my Amazon app then clicked on an episode of the Dome to make sure it works and the video started playing instantly. Excellent!

lyvj9nq.jpg

Thank you Mr.Storm!

tap'n on my S5

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Well its about Freaking Time!!!! LOL
Now to the More important Question..... Does it allow you to use Chromecast?
I just bought one and that would be SWEET!!!!
Thanks for the update... Downloading now!!

:Update: Chromecast is not available in this app..... Bummer!

I wonder how well that screen mirroring ability will do. Does that also send audio? Hmmm, I may have to check that out to see if it will even work. Either way, I use my Roku now. The Chromecast is used still but usually when I want to show my wife a youtube video and just send it over. My TV auto changes inputs.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now I have absolutely 0 use for my old Fire. It had been relegated to being used for Prime videos only.
This is great news for the millions of us that have Prime but don't want Amazon devices.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Now just need Chromecast support. Course I picked up a Fire TV last weekend and I have to say that is an amazing device. Highly recommend to anyone. Especially after rooting it and putting XBMC on it.

swc2001

Reaction score
I wonder how well that screen mirroring ability will do. Does that also send audio? Hmmm, I may have to check that out to see if it will even work. Either way, I use my Roku now. The Chromecast is used still but usually when I want to show my wife a youtube video and just send it over. My TV auto changes inputs.
If your talking about the Chromecast app Mirror..... I find it pretty lame. It is extremely Laggy and low resolution.
However my Wifi is my hotspot soooo That may also have an impact on it. I am not sure.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If your talking about the Chromecast app Mirror..... I find it pretty lame. It is extremely Laggy and low resolution.
However my Wifi is my hotspot soooo That may also have an impact on it. I am not sure.

I've mirrored several devices and all went well. Games were fine but Netflix crashed. Not sure if its a Netflix bug or a mirroring bug.