Amazon MP3 Confusion

Reaction score
I bought my first song with the Amazon store. I figured out that it was downloaded to the card in an AmazonMP3 folder, but it does not show up on the native Android music player or TuneWiki ?

How do I get those apps to see it ? On the Droid

Thanks.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
it's in the Gallery I believe..Pull up all your widgets and look in there.

dtboos

Reaction score
I love amazon MP3! Switched from Itunes many a yarn ago. Anywho, change the default download folder so its not in amazon folder next time. For this time, make a folder for the band, move the song in there and see if it works.

I download all my stuff from amazon to my computer then sync it so never done it straight to the card.

OP
H
Reaction score
Hook it to a computer via USB and search for *.mp3?

Again, thanks for trying but it doesn't remotely answer the question I asked.

I know where the file is but I want it to show up in my music player.

dtboos, I don't think you can change the place it downloads but it already does the band/album folder thing. Downloading it is not the problem, getting it to show up on the droid music players is the issue.

dtboos

Reaction score
Yah I know, I was just thinking maybe the player doesn't look inside the amazon folder. I was able to change where it dl's, but again thats on my computer.

There a way to add that folder to your library?

MikeCheat04

Reaction score
Just ran into this same problem myself. It appears that the very first song you buy doesn't download properly, I checked the file size and it said 0 kb. I downloaded a second song and it worked just fine, weird. Went back and re downloaded the first song and it still didn't work but all songs since they have. Sounds like a bug they need to work out.

Hope that helps you.

Edit:
Actually I double checked and re downloading the song did work but only if you manually pick the song from the Droid player, can't play it from the Amazon app.

Last edited:

Droider

Reaction score
The music player on mine automatically sees the amazonmp3 download folder. First use a file browser (such as Astro) or connect to your PC to make sure the mp3 successfully downloaded and is playable via file browsing. If yes, then try a reboot of your phone and try the Music player again and see if it appears.

depdaDROID

Reaction score
Does anyone know why I cannot download music from Amazon Mp3? When I select a song to buy nothing happens. My apps market works fine and I've downloaded many apps.

MikeCheat04

Reaction score
Does anyone know why I cannot download music from Amazon Mp3? When I select a song to buy nothing happens. My apps market works fine and I've downloaded many apps.

Hmm that's a weird one. Try hitting the menu key while in amazon and select downloads, see if anything is in there.

shagmanjug

Reaction score
Heres my new question for this old forum thread. I downloaded the Carman Absolute Best album from amazon. Most of the titles show up in my player but for some reason some of the songs dont have any song info with them and they are in the amazon/carman/absolute best folder but with a long weird file name along with the other songs. For some reason these didn't get put in my player. Any clue as to why some of the songs came into the player but some didn't? Also when I click the song in the folder it does in fact play but it doesn't show any album info?