Buying Song from Amazon mp3 app

searayman

Reaction score
I have bought two songs thus far with the amazon mp3 app and had a problem with the second one I downloaded. After purchasing it, it downloaded itself but did not show up in the music app to be played. This was very frustrating because I wanted to listen to that particular song right then, that i why i downloaded it on the fly.

Anywho I eventually made it back home an dplugged in my phone to the computer and after that it seemed the music app was able to see the song. Any one know what is going on here?

Droider

Reaction score
I recommend the Astro app for file browsing/management. You could then browse the sd card to the amazon folder and make sure the song is there. If it isn't showing in the music app, you can try moving the file to a folder under the root sd directory named "music" (/sd/music). That might rectify the situation.

Or you could just use Astro to actually launch the music file. In Astro, you browse to the correct folder then press on the song file and it will either start playing with the music app (or ask you which app to use and you can choose the music app).

Also the music app sometimes doesn't update its library right away. You could use a task killer type of app and kill the music player and then restart it and see if it updates its library. Or you could power off the droid and then back on and start the music player to see if it will refresh the library and include the new amazon downloaded song.

Last edited: