Synching amazon mp3 downloads

Sal

Reaction score
Looking for the best way to back up direct-to-droid downloads from the amazon mp3 store. If you simply plug-in and manually drag and drop songs over to your computer, do you just copy the whole folder every time, even if that means copying over both any new downloads plus the ones you've already backed up? Or, are you folks just not backing up since the songs are saved to the SD?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking for the best way to back up direct-to-droid downloads from the amazon mp3 store. If you simply plug-in and manually drag and drop songs over to your computer, do you just copy the whole folder every time, even if that means copying over both any new downloads plus the ones you've already backed up? Or, are you folks just not backing up since the songs are saved to the SD?

You can just go ahead and drag and drop OR you can load the songs into iTunes and have double twist do it for you. Double twist does pictures too and yes iTunes will recognize your Amazon MP3 tunes.

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score
Thanks. Not a big iTunes person. Guess I'll just drag and drop....wish there was a good way to i.d./separate already copied songs from new ones or that amazon stored your downloaded songs like iTunes.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
You would need some kind of software that checks that kind of thing. I just posted a topic yesterday asking about a better music software app for playlists and stuff, it doesn't seem like there is a good Droid solution yet.

However,

Let's say you did drag and copy all the files. If there were any that had been copied previously, your OS should prompt you if you want to overwrite. In Windows you can say 'No' and 'Remember this decision for every time time this happens at this moment' and then it will only copy the new stuff.

Or,

It may not be too hard to look and remember what you've backed up. Not the answer you're looking for, but if you buy your music as full albums then maybe you'll be able to eyeball it and see what you've copied and haven't already.

searayman

Reaction score
I have an article in my signature for the best way to sync songs to the droid. I also am in the procces of writign another article which will show you how you can sync both ways, from droid to pc and pc to droid.

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score
Great articles,searyman! Not sure I m ready to attempt your good ideas alone though.
Need a tech savvy buddy, I think...