Amazon Kindle App now preloaded on Droid 2, Droid X, Fascinate

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kindle-android-app10.jpg

Verizon Wireless and Amazon.com have announced the Kindle Android App will now come preloaded on the Motorola Droid 2, Droid X and Samsung Fascinate. Kindle for Android now offers access to over 700,00 ebooks to conveniently enjoy anywhere on your phone.

“We’re very excited to bring Kindle for Android directly to Verizon Wireless customers,” said Jennifer Byrne, executive director, business development and partnerships for Verizon Wireless. “Our smartphones come with great screens that make buying and reading books simple and easy, and Amazon’s commitment to reading and offering a seamless customer experience is directly in line with what our customers want.”

“Customers are already telling us they love Kindle for Android, and we think they are going to be excited to get their Verizon Wireless phones and other devices preloaded with the Kindle app,” said Dave Limp, vice president, Kindle. “We are thrilled to be working with such an innovative company as Verizon Wireless and are excited to have Kindle for Android on these three phones and on other devices down the road.”

Customers can also find the app by searching for “Kindle” in Android Market™. For more information about the free Kindle app, go to Amazon.com: Free Kindle Reading Apps. For more information about Verizon Wireless, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless.

ocdtrekkie

Reaction score
More preloaded apps! Yay!

... Seriously? Does anyone find the concept of more non-removable apps appealing?

Droidfish

Reaction score
More preloaded apps! Yay!

... Seriously? Does anyone find the concept of more non-removable apps appealing?

Haha this was my first reaction: Yet another app you can't delete. Of course I'm still rockin the D1 on which internal storage is at least 1/2 the size of newer devices.

brochaos

Reaction score
whats the point of the market then? why not just load every single app in the android market. that is theoretically the same thing, because who are they to say how important one app is over another? it's all about $$$ though...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, I dont tether enough to make that a dealbreaker -- I root almost solely to remove these crapps from my toys.

Dissonance

Reaction score
On my X the pre-installed Kindle app wouldn't update. I had to install it as a new app (which wiped the old one) and now it will update when needed.

ocdtrekkie

Reaction score
That is how pre-installed apps work, they do not appear in your Google Market list until after the first time you update them. Examples include Google Search and Car Home when they were updated in the Market. You had to search for them first.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Thank god for launcher pro. I was think of seeing all the clutter on my phone.

F the blockbuster app.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
how the hell is this NEWS...kindle has been on my droid 2 since i first booted after receiveing it for my d1 replacement

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm rooted and don't have Facebook, Amazon or any of that stuff. I saw the new features of the Amazon app and installed it. Love it so far - last night was browsing books in bed. Added some to my wish list.

drop44

Reaction score
Anyone know how to make the kindle app read PDFs? Yes, I know, this is probably a noob question...thanks.

y0manda

Reaction score
More bloatware. Amazon your kindle sucks and so does the idea! If I wanted to read a book I would read from a book.