Amazon's Kindle app coming to Android

geeman002

Reaction score
The link is not working, any idea WHEN this is coming out - I've been waiting for this or the Barnes & Noble eReader. I love reading on my Droid when waiting for stuff (I spent a lot of time waiting; doctors, computer wait-bars, lunch, etc ;))>

tdelfie03

Reaction score
I agree on the size. Anyone here done this on the iPhone, it's about the same size, any thoughts on how it worked in that size? (I think iPhone has Kindle).
i read kindle books on my ipod touch all the time(in the car on the way to work in the mornings) the only drawback I found is the pages are shoeter so you are turning the pages more!

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I found a page to put in your e-mail so you can be notified as soon as it's out (i've added mine).
Kindle for Android - Notify Me

It just says "Coming Soon"... Hopefully real soon. I've been reading on Aldiko and I love it. I've done more reading then I have in the past because I always have a book with me. And yes I can watch tv shows on this too.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I found a page to put in your e-mail so you can be notified as soon as it's out (i've added mine).
Kindle for Android - Notify Me

It just says "Coming Soon"... Hopefully real soon. I've been reading on Aldiko and I love it. I've done more reading then I have in the past because I always have a book with me. And yes I can watch tv shows on this too.

sorry, don't know how to edit... or do links... :(

Go to Amazon,
Kindle Store,
Under "Kindle Reading Apps" it has for Android and that's where you can put your e-mail...

jimnutt

Reaction score
I read books all the time on my Droid, as does my wife. She actually has a a first gen kindle and prefers to read on her Droid(!). You can get all sorts of current titles in un-DRM'ed epub format (what Aldiko uses), you just have to know where to look (Baen books is a good source, as is Fictionwise). I have over 550 books on my phone and have read at least 100 of them on this particular phone (I've been reading on PDAs for years, starting with my Sony Clie) and it's the best reading experience in terms of resolution, etc. that I've had yet.