Amazing new music player for Droid!

OP
rec08

rec08

Reaction score
I tried mixzing and from the write ups don't want to bother with btune. My phone is running Smoked Glass 6.0 with the new music player 3 and it is great. Fast, cover art and all the good stuff. The volume control works while the phone is locked and the screen is off.

For all those who are afraid of "rooting" it is worth it. Faster better and very stable.

Btunes is fast, download album art, or uses tagged album art, and you can turn up the volume while the screen is lock and off.....

Paraleyes

Reaction score
So reading this thread, got me to buy BTunes. I like it. I definitely like the lock screen widget that comes with it as well. I think that alone might be worth the $1.50 price tag. But I'm wondering, is there anyway to create a playlist from your computer and import them back to my droid to play? I have playlists from Tunewiki, but it doesn't get recognized in BTunes.

Also, why is it that even though some songs on my Droid have their tags filled out for Artist, Album, Song, etc.. It still doesn't pop up correctly in Btunes?

I have a Beastie Boys cd, and their album field is filled out for each song, but when one song plays, the Album is labeled as "Unknown"

Anyway to fix this?

Likely what's going on is btunes doesn't support ID3 Tags Ver 1 which is probably what your Beasty Boys is saved as. Btunes probably only supports ID3 Ver 2. Use a tag editor on your PC to update them and it should work.

meaker

Reaction score
So I tried this player and not the good on grabbing album art. I listen to very rare DJ mix import breakbeat continuous play albums(stuff that you don't normal find on Itunes) and this thing is just putting some of the weird album art that's nothing even close to the original art work or even that track single . Now I know these tracks can be on another DJ mix album and show their album art but it's show stuff from different genre of music altogther. For example on one of my mix albums it's showing "Chef Aid:The south park album" as the album cover..

waylman

Reaction score
So I tried this player and not the good on grabbing album art. I listen to very rare DJ mix import breakbeat continuous play albums(stuff that you don't normal find on Itunes) and this thing is just putting some of the weird album art that's nothing even close to the original art work or even that track single . Now I know these tracks can be on another DJ mix album and show their album art but it's show stuff from different genre of music altogther. For example on one of my mix albums it's showing "Chef Aid:The south park album" as the album cover..

Do you really think bTunes is going to be able to find album art for "very rare DJ mix import breakbeat continuos play albums?"

Get a grip.

mikespe

Reaction score
I didn't read this whole thread yet but I just saw that the dev is now charging $1.49 for this app. Is it worth paying for now? Is it that much better than the stock app. I kind of like the new stock app so my needs are simple.

Thanks

waylman

Reaction score
I didn't read this whole thread yet but I just saw that the dev is now charging $1.49 for this app. Is it worth paying for now? Is it that much better than the stock app. I kind of like the new stock app so my needs are simple.

Thanks

In my opinion, no. If the dev fixes browse by genre, I would say it would be worth it. Currently when you view genres, it just lists all the songs that you have on your phone that fall under that genre...not very helpful.

meaker

Reaction score

Do you really think bTunes is going to be able to find album art for "very rare DJ mix import breakbeat continuos play albums?"

Get a grip.
Sorry if I was misunderstood. What I meant was if it CAN"T find the album art FINE I understand being it's a rare album but don't be putting some RANDOM album art with it just to have album art...
A got a grip...........

brochaos

Reaction score
i still love btunes. been using it as my daily player and have not had any issues at all. all of my music is properly tagged before going on my droid.

jedihep

Reaction score
Now a PAID app NOT FREE!

This is not ment to be disrespectful to the developer in any way and is simply my personal opinion . This may be a nice app but when you can get an app that does the same function for free why pay for it!!!! When it comes down to brass tacs it's still just a music player. If this was the only to one get music and play it on the Droid then I might consider it, but seriously money dosen't grow on trees, especially these days. I'd rather spend my money on an app that you can't get for free to perform the needed function.

skulman

Reaction score
For the last few months I have been using mixzing...i like it, but it wasnt amazing by any means. I heard about a new player called bTunes, downloaded it on the marketplace and wow!
Features...
1. Looks identical to Ipod touch player interface
2. automatically updates album art
3. ability to swipe left and right for song skipping and double tap for play/pause.
4. mult select for creating playlists
5. Voice commands (push and hold search button and say (play Queen) boom plays that artist)
6. FREE

*Tip- First time app opens go into preferences and tell it when it starts to bring you to artists rather than playlists*

By far best music app on droid!

Don't know about your Market Place but mine lists it as NOT FREE! :mad:

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That is because their was a beta version that was free.

blamejake

Reaction score
Jedihep
As someone previously mentioned, this music player has the song control widget that comes up prior to the lock screen that provides immediate access to pause, forward the song or play a prior song. This innovation has come to my rescue when I've need to kill the sound in two keystrokes : one to wake the phone, two - pause song.

To my knowledge no other music player - free or for a fee, provides this function.