am i too picky about my droid?

tktouch12

Reaction score
i just got my 2nd droid replacement (3rd droid total). it has like 7 specs of dust under the screen and the back button lights up a lot fainter and a darker color than the other 3 buttons.
these things bug me. is this too picky? should i just let it go? or should i ask for a replacement?

as a side note, i once asked a verizon employee about dust and he said not only is it not covered by warranty, but that it could void it. is there truth to EITHER of these statements?

thanks

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
I don't think you're being picky. I would request another droid.

really? that makes me feel better. will they give me one?
i almost feel bad about bugging them for something like this, but its annoying especially because it came like this

Nibbz

Reaction score
dust?... i am really not sure how to comment except by saying just chill. You're wasting Droids. I know they are refurbished and all when you return them but seriously... dust?

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
i just got my 2nd droid replacement (3rd droid total). it has like 7 specs of dust under the screen and the back button lights up a lot fainter and a darker color than the other 3 buttons.
these things bug me. is this too picky? should i just let it go? or should i ask for a replacement?

as a side note, i once asked a verizon employee about dust and he said not only is it not covered by warranty, but that it could void it. is there truth to EITHER of these statements?

thanks

not at all, if I had dust under my screen I would flip.

what happened to your other droids that they needed to be replaceD?

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
ok, im glad some of you agree. will they though?? i dont want to be a jerk about it.
um, the power button quit working, and the other's slider like was impossible to slide

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

thanks
I've got a few specks on my original, so I know how you feel. VERY annoying!

I think the rule of thumb here is never trust a VZW salesperson. The dust advice sounds doubtful. On that note: I used to visit Motorola's Droid owner page, and the mods there would give you an absurd lecture about "not putting it in your pocket." Of course, their point about static electricity (and attracting dust) was a good one...

-Matt

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Maybe you were holding it wrong!!!:icon_ banana: If you held it right and didn't put it in your pocket, it wouldn't have dust under the screen.

Now that was fun!

But on a serious note, if the dust migrated there naturally why in the world could you not blow it out with some canned air?

Nibbz

Reaction score
im sorry i misunderstood your dust complaint, i apologize for being rude

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
Maybe you were holding it wrong!!!:icon_ banana: If you held it right and didn't put it in your pocket, it wouldn't have dust under the screen.

Now that was fun!

But on a serious note, if the dust migrated there naturally why in the world could you not blow it out with some canned air?
could that work? i feel like that wouldnt get the dust out. and since it came with dust, i dont know if it did migrate there or if vzw tech got it in there when they were refurbishing it.

im sorry i misunderstood your dust complaint, i apologize for being rude
Its alright, dont worry about it.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol, just a quick question here but if we ant suppose to put the phones in our pockets then where else would they go? i love my droid but im not going to have it in my hands 24/7....(and im certainly not setting it down to be stolen)

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
thats a stupid argument.

anyway, will verizon replace it for this issue?

garyferg

Reaction score

thanks

I would personally call them and make them replace the phone. Not only should there not be dust in the screen. The backlight also is not functioning correctly. If the phone is remanufactured it deffinetly wasn't done properly and should be replaced with out any hassle.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
another question: if they send me a replacement and they look at my old phone will they send my old one back and tell me i'm stupid and to send the replacement back?

garyferg

Reaction score
another question: if they send me a replacement and they look at my old phone will they send my old one back and tell me i'm stupid and to send the replacement back?

No. And they wouldn't even question it if there are the few things wrong like you have mentioned. The phone will just be refirbished again.