Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

movadoevo8

Reaction score
I currently have a Moto Droid, and I have a dInc on the way (might receive monday or tues)

For a split second i considered cancelling my dInc and waiting on the X. But do i want a phone that large?

I do have a concern about developer-attention (software and accessories) though. The Moto Droid got tons of attention and now has all the cool things, the dInc may not get such attention because of the stock issues leading right into the X debut

Then there is the rumor of phasing out the Inc. We can all sit here and say its nonsense, but there is a slight chance its true .. and if it is, we are screwed as far as developer-attention, IMO

so much to ponder :sigh: but i think at the end of the day for me it boils down to not wanting a big massive phone. Im perfectly comfy with the standard.

dInc here I come.

You are stating that you might not want it due to the SCREEN SIZE. For me the main reason I would upgrade is to get that SCREEN SIZE. I don't care so much about the Processor and Memory, because i'm running Droid 2.2 Froyo Blue Themed at 1.1 ghz and it's running fast and good. I do wish my screen was bigger.

Don't get me wrong I love all the new upgrade features and all, but the screen would be my main reason. I might wait it out because i do not want to pay full price since I only bought my Droid during XMAS time. If i did not have to pay the full price and could upgrade for the regular price as a new client I would 100% purchase it.

Correct me if i'm wrong, if you are not eligible for an upgrade you have to pay the full 599$ or whatever the Droid X is going to cost correct? Or can I upgrade for the cheaper price say 199$ and just extend my contract? Anyone know. I'm pretty sure this can't be done, but just wanted confirmation. Thanks.

rancid1

Reaction score
i think htc is ok, but now after owning my motorolla droid i would love to have the x. it reminds me a little of my iphone, but with alot better specs. i want a x

Last edited by a moderator:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I currently have a Moto Droid, and I have a dInc on the way (might receive monday or tues)

For a split second i considered cancelling my dInc and waiting on the X. But do i want a phone that large?

I do have a concern about developer-attention (software and accessories) though. The Moto Droid got tons of attention and now has all the cool things, the dInc may not get such attention because of the stock issues leading right into the X debut

Then there is the rumor of phasing out the Inc. We can all sit here and say its nonsense, but there is a slight chance its true .. and if it is, we are screwed as far as developer-attention, IMO

so much to ponder :sigh: but i think at the end of the day for me it boils down to not wanting a big massive phone. Im perfectly comfy with the standard.

dInc here I come.

You are stating that you might not want it due to the SCREEN SIZE. For me the main reason I would upgrade is to get that SCREEN SIZE. I don't care so much about the Processor and Memory, because i'm running Droid 2.2 Froyo Blue Themed at 1.1 ghz and it's running fast and good. I do wish my screen was bigger.

Don't get me wrong I love all the new upgrade features and all, but the screen would be my main reason. I might wait it out because i do not want to pay full price since I only bought my Droid during XMAS time. If i did not have to pay the full price and could upgrade for the regular price as a new client I would 100% purchase it.

Correct me if i'm wrong, if you are not eligible for an upgrade you have to pay the full 599$ or whatever the Droid X is going to cost correct? Or can I upgrade for the cheaper price say 199$ and just extend my contract? Anyone know. I'm pretty sure this can't be done, but just wanted confirmation. Thanks.

You have to pay to play.

Yes, If you not eligible for a NE2, you pay full price
If you get a 1 year update you'll pay new contract pricing plus $100...

movadoevo8

Reaction score

dInc here I come.

You have to pay to play.

Yes, If you not eligible for a NE2, you pay full price
If you get a 1 year update you'll pay new contract pricing plus $100...

Yeah then if i'm going to waste that kind of money then it better be a HUGE upgrade like duo core process or close to 2ghz. Also I usually like to wait a few weeks to check out the reviews people are giving it. I heard the Droid Incredible does not have great Battery Life, see my Droid does and that is important to me.

After the experience i had with the Palm PRE with the worse battery life I have ever had omg never again. Literally would not last more then 4 hrs with the stock battery. Would never recommend that phone to anyone bc of that faulty issue it has.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yeah then if i'm going to waste that kind of money then it better be a HUGE upgrade like duo core process or close to 2ghz. Also I usually like to wait a few weeks to check out the reviews people are giving it. I heard the Droid Incredible does not have great Battery Life, see my Droid does and that is important to me.

After the experience i had with the Palm PRE with the worse battery life I have ever had omg never again. Literally would not last more then 4 hrs with the stock battery. Would never recommend that phone to anyone bc of that faulty issue it has.

I was getting 14hrs+ on the DI i was testing...

Being a early adopter is not for everyone.

Why do you say a waste of money?

movadoevo8

Reaction score

I was getting 14hrs+ on the DI i was testing...

Being a early adopter is not for everyone.

Why do you say a waste of money?

I didn't mean waste of money let me rephrase, I meant since for me I would have to dish out 549$ or whatever the full price is for the DI, for me not worth going from a Motorola Droid to the DI and spending 549$ for the minor upgrades. I say minor bc with my droid Overclocked and all runs almost the same more or less you know. So in order for me to waste that amount I rather it be something like way way more of an upgrade and I think the Droid X does not cut it for me.

It would if I was Eligible for an upgrade, but to pay the full price is a lot for me right now, unemployed and all you know?

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Although if I was becoming a new member and the Droid X wasn't even an option and I had to choose between the Motorola Droid and DI, I most likely would of choosen the DI FYI.

fichdak

Reaction score
The X is too big. They made it bigger than the Evo and gave it that stupid hump at the top.

If they're going to make a 4.3" phone, they need to make the bezel and everything else much smaller so the physical phone wouldn't be much too bigger than say a Droid

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The X is too big. They made it bigger than the Evo and gave it that stupid hump at the top.

If they're going to make a 4.3" phone, they need to make the bezel and everything else much smaller so the physical phone wouldn't be much too bigger than say a Droid

Too Big? Thats personal preference...I'm 6'3" 295lbs....so the X is still smallish to me :icon_ banana:

movadoevo8

Reaction score

I agree i like the 4.3 I think for me its 100% the perfect size that I would like a phone, bc of the new web browsing experience, media and Virtual Keyboard accuracy. I didn't like the part that they made it a little taller either.

I've played with the EVO4G, my friend has one and i love that 4.3 inch size it's so perfect. I would not want bigger or smaller, that was what makes me want the Droid X. I will wait a while thought see what else comes out. Seems like every other Month a new great phone is announced to be released lol.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Seems like every other Month a new great phone is announced to be released lol.

How True....I'll most likely be paying full price in Nov or Dec for what ever new flavor is out then....
It's a vicious cycle....

KillerVamp

Reaction score
nope i love my droid. i've played with a few of the other android phones ie the incredible etc and they just feel flimsy, like if i sat it down wrong i would break the screen, not like the droid it feels rock solid

Vertigo RT

Reaction score
Id miss my droid... its become quite the little companion... to me, getting rid of it for the new one I can closely relate to shooting your dog so you can get a puppy...