Am I the only one not wanting an X?

rsarno

Reaction score
I currently have a Moto Droid, and I have a dInc on the way (might receive monday or tues)

For a split second i considered cancelling my dInc and waiting on the X. But do i want a phone that large?

I do have a concern about developer-attention (software and accessories) though. The Moto Droid got tons of attention and now has all the cool things, the dInc may not get such attention because of the stock issues leading right into the X debut

Then there is the rumor of phasing out the Inc. We can all sit here and say its nonsense, but there is a slight chance its true .. and if it is, we are screwed as far as developer-attention, IMO

so much to ponder :sigh: but i think at the end of the day for me it boils down to not wanting a big massive phone. Im perfectly comfy with the standard.

dInc here I come.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
U said it: do u want a phone that size? Some ppl wouldnt mind a phone that size, some would. So the X and Inc. can and will survive side by side.

Everybody doesnt want the X, like everybody didnt want the Inc when it came out. The X is just the new kid at school right now, thats all. Especially since the Droid 2 is just a refresher of the Droid. The X is Verizon's answer to the EVO also so it will get alot of attention.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Moto Droid, and I have a dInc on the way (might receive monday or tues)

For a split second i considered cancelling my dInc and waiting on the X. But do i want a phone that large?

I do have a concern about developer-attention (software and accessories) though. The Moto Droid got tons of attention and now has all the cool things, the dInc may not get such attention because of the stock issues leading right into the X debut

Then there is the rumor of phasing out the Inc. We can all sit here and say its nonsense, but there is a slight chance its true .. and if it is, we are screwed as far as developer-attention, IMO

so much to ponder :sigh: but i think at the end of the day for me it boils down to not wanting a big massive phone. Im perfectly comfy with the standard.

dInc here I come.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Incredible is a good Android phone. Awesome. But who wants something that's discontinued?

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i have to see the X in person.. and try moto blur.. before i would even think of switching phones right now.

is the INC confirmed to be discontinued??

there seems like alot of demand for it.. seems odd to not offer it anymore..

BzB

Reaction score
@ the incredible being discontinued....Hook, you should know better than that. The incredible is here to stay and will still be a top of the line Android phone on Verizon. Those rumors have already been discounted.

As for the op's question, I won't be getting the x either. I could if I wanted since I have an upgrade coming in a month but I'll be holding out for the droid pro. If I'm not impressed by that I'll wait for something else. Main reason I'm not interested in the x is because I don't prefer the form factor and I'm waiting on more info regarding lte phones. Even if I have to wait a while I still have a great phone in the incredible to hold me over.

zMd113

Reaction score
I don't want an X because:
1. It's too big for me
2. I think it's ugly, in fact I feel most Motorola phones are ugly including the original Droid. I'm not trying to start a war about Droids it's just my opinion. I love the way my Incredible looks, especially the back side.

BewareOfButtlice

Reaction score
how many times are you going to use the HDMI out on your phone LOL. The DroidX is a nice phone, dont get me wrong, but the size of it i dont like. As for the INC being discontinued, that would be poor marketing to cancel a phone in such high demand. Its not on HTC's website so it wont be discontinued. Ill keep my droid incredible for 2 years for another upgrade. This is the best phone ive ever had and i have only a small handfull of complaints but nothing i cant deal with.

Everyone has their own personal choice like mac vs pc though

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
1. It's too big for me
2. I think it's ugly, in fact I feel most Motorola phones are ugly including the original Droid. I'm not trying to start a war about Droids it's just my opinion. I love the way my Incredible looks, especially the back side.

When I first saw the droid I thought it was horrendous, coming from a voyager. But when you get to know the phone you know why its that way and it makes even look better, an acquired taste I guess :)

zMd113

Reaction score
1. It's too big for me

When I first saw the droid I thought it was horrendous, coming from a voyager. But when you get to know the phone you know why its that way and it makes even look better, an acquired taste I guess :)

Luckily for me when I first saw the Incredible I fell in love it.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I dont want an X either. If i get another Motorola phone i will be waiting for the Droid Pro. Other than that i will be waiting until HTC releases another phone seeing as how i would rather have Sense UI (which i love) than have MotoBlur.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the rumored 2Ghz moto phone to emerge the end of this year. Either that, or a dual core processor. I still want to wait to buy a phone with 4G capabilities so I'm not stuck in 3G when 4G will be so nice!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm waiting on the X, then of something else comes along that is better, I'll get that.