Am I crazy? Bionic changes when rooted!

Reaction score
I know this sounds nuts, but every time I have rooted a Bionic from factory (4 times now) my wifi signal in my house gets weaker, 3g stumbles more often, screen transitions get laggy, and the overall feel is just off. Especially when I run the SQlite app for hot spot access. Is anyone else having these issues?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bbtkd

Reaction score
I know this sounds nuts, but every time I have rooted a Bionic from factory (4 times now) my wifi signal in my house gets weaker, 3g stumbles more often, screen transitions get laggy, and the overall feel is just off. Especially when I run the SQlite app for hot spot access. Is anyone else having these issues?

You're not removing bloatware are you? Need to freeze it, not remove it.

OP
steve.messer84
Reaction score
Nope bloat is intact.

713King

Reaction score
Could be happen the same way with my Droid X every time I put a custom room it seem to break the phone instead of making it better

Hodor

Reaction score
Interesting, I seem to have experienced the opposite result? After I rooted, my Bionic "felt" better, not worse? And I haven't even really removed any bloat to speak of yet? I also rooted my previous phone, my Droid X, and cant say I noticed any change then either, good or bad?

mikeexplorer

Reaction score
I rooted my Bionic and did not notice any difference as far as performance goes. I did not install a custom ROM or anything, just some apps that need root. I froze some bloat as well.

jhom

Reaction score
After I recently rooted and froze most of the bloatware I have been getting better battery life per charge. I didn't notice any performance hits. Everything seems to run as smoothly as before rooting?