Am I Bricked??

lpulle

Reaction score
Need help -- please direct me in the right direction

I SBF'ed my droid (which I have done before) and when it ended i said to reboot manually which I had to pull the battery to do so and rebooted. The M logo comes up and the Liberty 1.5 (which I was running) comes on and goes into a loop. I got into triangle and hour glassed to clear chache. Now I have a droid 2 with a liberty logo. HELP

km75

Reaction score
Why did you have to pull the battery to reboot the phone? You should have been able to just use the power button on your phone.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
lpulle

lpulle

Reaction score
because when I tryed to press thhe power button - nothing happened just the Lib. logo turned around - thanks for whoever answers

km75

Reaction score
because when I tryed to press thhe power button - nothing happened just the Lib. logo turned around - thanks for whoever answers

Ok just trying to see why you did this. From my knowledge you shouldnt of needed to do that. Especially since pulling the battery during the sbf process is considered a no no. My next question is when you did the sbf before did you have to pull the battery then as well. I highly doubt your phone is bricked though. From your description it sounds like now you no longer have droid 2 bootstrap recovery. Instead you are in the phones recovery mode. Can you try to do the sbf again? You should be able to. The only reason for my line of questions is im trying to see exactly what you are experiencing

OP
lpulle

lpulle

Reaction score
NO!!! I did not pull the battery during SBF process - it was finsished and said to boot manually

km75

Reaction score
After your phone reboots and doesn't get past the boot animation (wait at least 5 or 10 minutes),

a. Turn off your phone b. Hold down X on the keyboard c. Turn on your phone while continuing to hold X d. When you get the Android guy with a '!' in a triangle push the search button on the keyboard (the magnifying glass button, two keys to the left of the space bar) e. Select both 'wipe cache' and 'wipe data' from the menu. f. Reboot your phone

km75

Reaction score
NO!!! I did not pull the battery during SBF process - it was finsished and said to boot manually

Yeah but when it said for you to reboot the phone you were supposed to power down the phone using the power button, not pull the battery out. The process wasnt completely finished. Thats not important now though. You are going to have sbf again though. You should be able to use the links i provided to get you through this. But when you do it again DO NOT pull the battery to reboot. Simply just use the power button to turn the phone off and back on again. You pull the battery and you are going to encounter the same problem. If you need further assistance i will be more than glad to do my best to help.

Omneitic

Reaction score
Yeah but when it said for you to reboot the phone you were supposed to power down the phone using the power button, not pull the battery out. The process wasnt completely finished. Thats not important now though. You are going to have sbf again though. You should be able to use the links i provided to get you through this. But when you do it again DO NOT pull the battery to reboot. Simply just use the power button to turn the phone off and back on again. You pull the battery and you are going to encounter the same problem. If you need further assistance i will be more than glad to do my best to help.

I didn't even know that. The instructions always assume too much for noobs. Though after I clear data and wipe on my latest SBF flash, everything worked normally. Should I re-flash SBF on mine too you think? I'm only having one issue and it's with facebook. Basically going into My Accounts and it won't allow me to add a facebook account. I dunno if it would really be a SBF issue though :/

km75

Reaction score
I didn't even know that. The instructions always assume too much for noobs. Though after I clear data and wipe on my latest SBF flash, everything worked normally. Should I re-flash SBF on mine too you think? I'm only having one issue and it's with facebook. Basically going into My Accounts and it won't allow me to add a facebook account. I dunno if it would really be a SBF issue though :/

I highly doubt that re-flashing sbf would help in your case. The original poster stated that he still has the liberty logo for his boot animation. So that just lets me know that his sbf didnt flash correctly. Sometimes it takes more than 1 sbf to get everything back to stock. In your case i would un-install any and all fb apps and then re-install them and see if that helps.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also remember when you sbf..At times you WILL bootloop..and this happens..but it isn't bricked..just need to pull battery after you know its looping..wipe data and then reboot..should be fine then...I'm sure this doesn't answer the question of why after an sbf you still see the liberty logo...I believe your question was answered correctly by another member...and yes you should get the moto logo as sbf brings you completely back to factory settings..I would also download another sbf file...and try again..

Remember your battery right now is your best friend and bootloader mode will eat it quicker than running everything on your phone times 3 lol
Good luck!

hond2

Reaction score
Alt + Shift + Del is what I use to reboot on D2
Works great

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

duyna

Reaction score
Similar thing happened to me and I thought wtf did I just bricked myself? I was able to factory reset and clear cache from the factory bootloader and then just sbf again and it didn't bootloop again. Goodluck maybe its the sbf file?
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums