Am I being too picky in finding a good weather app.

captclueless

Reaction score
I have tried the following weather apps and uninstalled every one.

beautiful widgets - uninstalled because the weather would NOT refresh
weatherbug - had issues with it, but don't remember what.
weather channel - doesnt let me change the refresh interval
local news station app - uninstalled it when it was using 40% of my battery!
stock news and weather widget - doesn't have any radar.

Is it really that hard to make an app that has accurate temps, a forecast option, radar and a widget that allows me to change the refresh interval so it doesn't kill my battery?

Miniblue

Reaction score
I have tried them all as well and settled on the weatherbug widget. I have Spring and Galvested as locations. It seems to give the most complete information. Galveston because I fish every weekend.

I don't have battery issues.

Rooted MetiCkMod BnB V 2.2 Fast and Stable

harrellj

Reaction score
See if maybe Weather widgets - Android app on AppBrain will work for you? I couldn't use geolocation with it (I dunno why, but it kept thinking I was in another corner of my state), but its been staying nice and accurate. It won't give radar information, since its pretty much like having Beautiful Widgets.

fUry327

Reaction score
I've used all that you listed as well and for the longest time I ran only the stock weather app for my weather widget.

I recently came across an attractive widget/app that I think you should try. It's called Palmary Weather Pro. It has multiple types/sizes of widgets to choose from and in combination with Launcher pro plus you can resize to suit. I've been running it for a few days now and have not noticed any abnormal battery draw.

Palmary Weather Pro - Android app on AppBrain

Give it a shot.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets is accurate and works great for me. (connected to AccuWeather not Google)
Weather Channel... I check occasionally and it's fine, although I've never used the app.
Stock News/Weather Widgets is accurate for me as well, but I don't care about radar.

Beautiful widgets fits all criteria you mentioned at the bottom of your post.

I'd try installing again because it does everything you want.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets is accurate and works great for me. (connected to AccuWeather not Google)
Weather Channel... I check occasionally and it's fine, although I've never used the app.
Stock News/Weather Widgets is accurate for me as well, but I don't care about radar.

Beautiful widgets fits all criteria you mentioned at the bottom of your post.

I'd try installing again because it does everything you want.

I agree. When did you last try BW? Months ago there was a bug, but since the dev switched away from using Google weather it has been very reliable.

Reaction score
I tried using the beautiful widgets also and the temperature was way off. It said the temp was 14 degrees when it was actually 60. Did anyone else have that issue?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I tried using the beautiful widgets also and the temperature was way off. It said the temp was 14 degrees when it was actually 60. Did anyone else have that issue?

Was this recently? There were many weather problems back when the dev used Google for his weather info. Could you possibly have had it set to celsius? 60 fahrenheit is about 15 celsius.

Reaction score

Was this recently? There were many weather problems back when the dev used Google for his weather info. Could you possibly have had it set to celsius? 60 fahrenheit is about 15 celsius.

Yeah I have had my phone for two weeks. That is a possibility. I will check into that. Thanks for the heads up

mrmchem

Reaction score
Weatherbug is great.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

olean

Reaction score
I find wetherbug works well on droid 2 and is accurate

richie1105

Reaction score
Beatiful widgets has a not 2 bad weather app

Sent from my U20i using DroidForums App

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
i use Sense clock widgets. They are free, and integrate a weather app into it.

Works good for me.