Aluminum Backs And Brushed Metal Cases For the Galaxy Note 4!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
ef212390ea81fa0d9508d1cd333d9d1f.jpg

18088d18069a528dc1b64ea21eac239d.jpg

a85da639574b0e1407a10916797ea569.jpg

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Kinda cool, but I've gone back to the Spigen New Hybrid from the Cruzerlite TPU case that has smooth sides like those cases because the texture of the Spigen just provides a better grip, especially if/when your hands get a little sweaty.

I don't see those cases providing much grip and since my phone is so new, I don't see myself replacing the back just to put a case on it.

With that said, after the new wears off, if I decide to rock the phone without a case, one of these would be pretty cool.

Assuming I don't go all out and get a wireless charging back...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
You don't have to get an entire back to get charging capabilities. You can just buy a Qi charging coil that fits between the original back and the battery. It's far cheaper. $5 or so.

Not sure if it could work with a metal back. Never tried it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You don't have to get an entire back to get charging capabilities. You can just buy a Qi charging coil that fits between the original back and the battery. It's far cheaper. $5 or so.

Not sure if it could work with a metal back. Never tried it.
Oh. Might have to look into that. I didn't know they sold the coils without being part of a back cover. Definitely want to make sure whatever I get is compatible with the phone. Last thing I want to do is fry my new little baby. Haha!

I've never taken advantage of wireless charging on a phone before, but I think it'd be great to setup a pad by the bed for an overnight trickle charge.