Leaked Backplate Image of LG G3 Shows Brushed Metal Case Design

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg_g3_back_closeup_brushed_metal_evleaks.png

The above image was shared by @evleaks, and it is supposedly one of the backplates for the new LG G3. As you can see, it uses a "brushed metal" aesthetic. Some websites have speculated that this indicates it will be a metal case design, but that's not necessarily true. LG used a faux brushed metal case design, that was actually plastic onece before with the LG Viper. There's no reason they couldn't do it again.

Regardless of what the material will actually be made of, it's a welcome departure from the traditional and boring black or white designs. What do you guys think of this if it turns out to be accurate?

Source: evleaks.at

Rhino94

Reaction score
I like it. Coming from someone who has the G2. I think that would be nice i really dont like the plastic on the back i have been thinking about getting a beefy case so the phone doesnt break and it feels better in my hands

KaChow

Reaction score
I happen to like the variety, some people like metal and some like plastic, maybe this device shares the best of both worlds. :biggrin:

KaChow

Reaction score
Nevermind... DGStorm took care of it.:icon_ lala:

Last edited:

Rhino94

Reaction score
I happen to like the variety, some people like metal and some like plastic, maybe this device shares the best of both worlds. :biggrin:

I agree. Even if its plastic with a metal look people will still buy. Some people can deal with plastic others not so much