Alternate 3G(and Edge) Speed Increase Hack

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
does this apply to D2Gs still on verizon's network? I was wondering since EDGE is GSM not CDMA

Yes I am on vzw as are all of us here just about.. remember we can't use gsm in the us.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Just a question how do these files actually work? Or what do they do to give us increased speed?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Read the first post. The file, not files, edit build.prop. How does it increase speed? check the link at the bottom of the first post. Might need to do some googleing, but don't worry google does hurt or bite, along with it but it does explain some things.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Noticed a huge difference in internet speed on my phone since installing this. Thanks a bunch!!!!

If its not Boeing, I'm not going! Team Boeing ROCKS!!!

silver6054

Reaction score
Just a question how do these files actually work? Or what do they do to give us increased speed?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Read the first post. The file, not files, edit build.prop. How does it increase speed? check the link at the bottom of the first post. Might need to do some googleing, but don't worry google does hurt or bite, along with it but it does explain some things.

As an earlier poster said, everything in the file appears to be GSM-related, GPRS , HSPDA etc. These can certainly apply to the Droid 2 Global in GSM mode (when you see the "G" or the "H" indicator for example). But it sounds like people are saying it works well on CDMA (and even on the Droid X, which has no GSM). So, more explanation would be good, in addition to telling us to use Google, which will explain General Packet Radio Service and High Speed Downlink Packet Access, High Speed Uplink Packet Access as all being part of UMTS (=GSM family)

macaddict

Reaction score
3G is so inconsistent it's hard to tell if this has made a difference at all using my Droid on the Cricket network. I've played with the settings for 3 days now and just seeing too many spikes no matter what time of day or night.

Is it strictly for GSM?

chrisl20

Reaction score
I stumbled across this post yesterday
Data Throttle Remover - let's do some mythbusting - xda-developers

The guy doing the research seems to be very meticulous about any and everything.. ..while he is talking about data throttle remover script, this in essence seems to be one in the same.. ..I just don't see how configuring those would effect cdma signal quality at all.. but this on the other hand
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...acking-tweaking-3g-settings-radio-driver.html
has me curious... ..the latter of the two procedures at least.. ..I guess the reason for my post is to see how gsm parameters can increse cdma real time values? And, if the radiocomm hack on the my second link would be a more effective way of keeping a consistent rate of data.. I am not saying that everyone here posting saying they have increses from this gsm builprop hack is suffering from a placebo effect, I just want to know how a hack made for a different radio driver than the one being used could possibly increse the speed... ...and, I want someone to chime in about the second link from a technical viewpoint to shed some light on everything.. ..hope this helps a little

aXenol

Reaction score
samdroid link is down and i wanna give it a try? anybody got the zip file?

lisaleese

Reaction score
So.. I tried to install the 3G_edge_update.zip from recovery but got the error message:

E:Error in hack.sh
(Status 256)
E:Failure at line 3:
run_program PACKAGE:hack.sh
Installation aborted.

Re-downloaded from the samdroid link but still no love. Suggestions?