ALT lock not work/market issues

reinert012

Reaction score
First off all. SO GLAD to be back on Cyanogen, its been too long since my Eris. Just 2 problems I have found:

1: My alt lock button on the physical keyboard will not work
2: Most of my purchased apps are not showing up in the market. (i have the latest gapps flashed)

I have wiped the cache and done the data reset etc etc and the above 2 things still happen. Any fix for this?

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
First off all. SO GLAD to be back on Cyanogen, its been too long since my Eris. Just 2 problems I have found:

1: My alt lock button on the physical keyboard will not work
2: Most of my purchased apps are not showing up in the market. (i have the latest gapps flashed)

I have wiped the cache and done the data reset etc etc and the above 2 things still happen. Any fix for this?

Alt lock is not going to work. a useful workaround is double press Alt for alt-lock. It's a function of MotoBlur frameworks, since CM7 is AOSP it will likely not ever be a funciton of the keyboard map (it's a Motorola thing).

Not sure about thepurchased apps problem, mine have always appeared. Did you set gmail to sync and turn on gtalk? they are pretty important for market to work right.

havens1515

Reaction score
For the apps, try searching google for "Gingerbread market fix" and run that. It's an app. Once you run it, it makes a change in a file somewhere (build.prop I think) then you can uninstall the app.
If that doesn't work, clear the data from the market app from within "manage apps"

OP
R

reinert012

Reaction score
Alt lock is not going to work. a useful workaround is double press Alt for alt-lock. It's a function of MotoBlur frameworks, since CM7 is AOSP it will likely not ever be a funciton of the keyboard map (it's a Motorola thing).

Not sure about thepurchased apps problem, mine have always appeared. Did you set gmail to sync and turn on gtalk? they are pretty important for market to work right.

Hey thanks for the reply and letting me know about the alt lock. Not sure if I have gtalk on right now but I will check.

I am missing some apps too in the market that won't even show up. ie Tweetcaster pro. It wont even let me download it on the marketplace website on the computer..my phone is grayed out. But will try gingerbread market fix right now.

OP
R

reinert012

Reaction score
It worked! thanks so much everyone.

Glad to be back on Cyan

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply and letting me know about the alt lock. Not sure if I have gtalk on right now but I will check.

I am missing some apps too in the market that won't even show up. ie Tweetcaster pro. It wont even let me download it on the marketplace website on the computer..my phone is grayed out. But will try gingerbread market fix right now.

If you have apps that were dl'd form Amazon app market (Tweetcaster?) you need to reinstall the Amazon app store apk to retrieve them.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Download has begun..... Got SBF'd with TBH app (love that app, totally worth the minimal price!). I will update once I have completed the "One Click" root method. Then I will restore CM7.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Download has begun..... Got SBF'd with TBH app (love that app, totally worth the minimal price!). I will update once I have completed the "One Click" root method. Then I will restore CM7.

I love the TBH app. Best thing ever.

random rom'd X