Alright guys, I NEED to unroot this phone...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Been 4ever rooted since .886. Got screwed over with .893, then it was worse with .901, and now I'm stuck with .902. I have called in multiple times, so I think this time they'll send me a replacement instead of transferring me here or there. But I really don't want to take the risk of sending in a rooted phone and being charged $500. I can't find ANYTHING on UNROOTING the phone, though there's literally thousands of threads about how TO root. Would sargentmajors file help me to just unroot from .902? Is there anything else I can do? I'm desperate at this point, I need to try something else cause this thing is not working anymore.

Funny how I supported the Bionic until .893 as someone who had no problems and told others to hang in there....sure enough when it's out I get screwed over and everyone else's phone get's better. Wtf Moto...srsly...

idk5

Reaction score
what did you use to root and forever root?

i believe a factory reset will remove root if not let me know i know another way i just need to find it

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Damn it was so long ago I can't even remember. It was the first 4ever root that was released back with .886, if I heard it I'd probably remember it...

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Wow you're the man, I simply wish they'd update that OP to say it can also unroot to help out with google searches. Anyways, thanks again dude. One thing though, it says "Will not work on the OTA," does this only mean it won't ROOT the OTA or it also can't be used to restore from an OTA nobody knew would exist at this point?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been 4ever rooted since .886. Got screwed over with .893, then it was worse with .901, and now I'm stuck with .902. I have called in multiple times, so I think this time they'll send me a replacement instead of transferring me here or there. But I really don't want to take the risk of sending in a rooted phone and being charged $500. I can't find ANYTHING on UNROOTING the phone, though there's literally thousands of threads about how TO root. Would sargentmajors file help me to just unroot from .902? Is there anything else I can do? I'm desperate at this point, I need to try something else cause this thing is not working anymore.

Funny how I supported the Bionic until .893 as someone who had no problems and told others to hang in there....sure enough when it's out I get screwed over and everyone else's phone get's better. Wtf Moto...srsly...

Hey man.. you know there is a variety of videos via YouTube on " unrooting" multiple devices. Some better than others. Sometimes its easier for some to watch a quick walk through than reading... Just an fyi for future. Its quite simple really.. hope all works out. I'm sure it will. Hope you get a solid replacement...enjoy!

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

idk5

Reaction score
Wow you're the man, I simply wish they'd update that OP to say it can also unroot to help out with google searches. Anyways, thanks again dude. One thing though, it says "Will not work on the OTA," does this only mean it won't ROOT the OTA or it also can't be used to restore from an OTA nobody knew would exist at this point?

it means it wasn't meant to root past 893, the restore doesn't matter it uses the fastboot menu.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Got it, thanks guys. I don't think I need a video on how to do it since devs usually make it super reasy, I just didn't know what would/wouldn't work with .902. Thanks again.

tennvol

Reaction score
Returned my rooted bionic for a cnr a few weeks ago and wasn't charged anything

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah I've heard that a lot but man....I don't know if I can afford to take that risk right now...