Aloha from Paradise

Phaserlock

Reaction score
Aloha! I'm Phaserlock from Mililani (Milly-Lawny), HI I would love to brag and say it was sunny and warm, but the truth be told it is cold, rainy and flood advisorys are everywhere. I got a DROID X, and I just wanted to know if the motorola is 4G capable, b/c I really don't wanna buy a new one.dancedroid

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The X is not LTE (4G) capable.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
aloha and welcome to the forum. u do know Hawaii does not have that? eventually we will but right now we don't. and howzit neighbor cause I live central too. any questions, feel free to ask but remember, SEARCH is ur friend AHUI HOU

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
From what I've learned on the VZW website, 4G is available around the Honolulu Airport and a lot of Honolulu itself... check out the map below...

4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
sorry for the delay in response. the 4G is available with a 4G mobile broadband USB modem.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sorry for the delay in response. the 4G is available with a 4G mobile broadband USB modem.

So you're saying that the TBolt won't get 4G here in Honolulu??

Well I called around and got some feedback of actual coverage and 4G is 4G for all devices....however it seems pretty much only around the Honolulu airport and parts of Dillingham/Kalihi areas, and a few parts of Mililani (Mililani?!...who knew!!:p)... unfortunately it won't do me any good in the downtown area where my work is :(, but they all can confirm that all of Oahu 'WILL' be 4G by years end according to slated work...

Last edited:

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Lol...u know, Im sure we will. we are last on the list to get better service! LOL...we no rate. gotta let da Hawaiians run dry first right??

xan

Reaction score
Aloha!

my brother had TB in Honolulu, he said the 4G was cool. but he wound up going with a cheaper, non VRZ option. (more tethered GB for the $$).

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score

Well I called around and got some feedback of actual coverage and 4G is 4G for all devices....however it seems pretty much only around the Honolulu airport and parts of Dillingham/Kalihi areas, and a few parts of Mililani (Mililani?!...who knew!!:p)... unfortunately it won't do me any good in the downtown area where my work is :(, but they all can confirm that all of Oahu 'WILL' be 4G by years end according to slated work...

4G is not all devices, but u are correct, it is only available within Hon Int`l Airport. And yes we are on list of soon to be but as of now we are barely on its network.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

4G is not all devices, but u are correct, it is only available within Hon Int`l Airport. And yes we are on list of soon to be but as of now we are barely on its network.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA
what I was saying was that 4g would be available to 'all' 4g devices, not only just the tablets or USB modems....would be for the tbolt as well... when the Bionic comes out I'll probably get it so will know exatcly what areas are getting 4g currently.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
well Bionic is what im waiting on also. im sure when we are fully on the network it'll be even more exciting. what area are at?