Greetings from Tampa

pizzaman

Reaction score
I was thinking of upgrading my 2+ year old Samsung Code. My 2nd battery is starting to go. I hate the metropcs 1x internet speed around here if one doesn't have a new phone with 4G capability. I really don't use my phone that much. Some of my friends are phone junkies. I do lot of driving for my work. So my boss has a phone from Walmart. He gets reception almost everywhere. Some of the roads we take really put us in the sticks. i was ready to buy from Walmart. I decided to check on Amazon just for giggles. WOW !! They have a 1 cent sale going on for new subscribers. So the next day I signed up for Verizon service and the new Razr only cost me one cent !! Also, I didn't have to pay any security deposit. Last time Verizon wanted a fortune from me. I'm a real happy camper.

I'm going to miss the unlimited service from Metro for sure. I got the 450 minute plan w/free weekends and nites. I picked the 30 Gb Data plan on the 4G network. i got the insurance and roadside assistance. I won't be using Youtube or Netflix unless I'm on a wifi network or at someplace with a friendly wireless network. 30Gb will go fast. SOK, this phone and service is so much better than metro. My monthly metro service doesn't run out until next month so I'm not using the razr much yet. I'm new to the droid OS. My Code is a Windows 6.1 phone; so I have a lot to learn about android. I bought one of the docking stations. It really works well. i hook it up thru my pioneer receiver and Samsung led tv. I'm using a logitech performance mx mouse along with the k800 keyboard when I'm at home.

So far I'm loving the Razr. I wanted to wait for the Nexus, but I wasn't sure the amazon one cent sale was going to last until the Verizon release date here in Florida.
I love motorsports. racing season is almost over this year. Well, except for snowmobile racing. It's not very popular here in Florida, yet. You never know.........

i'll be lurking around. I'll try not to ask to many ridiculous questions. Maybe I'll even use the search function if I can get it to work !!:)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droidforums pizzaman!! Glad you are anjoying your Razr and Android!!
Like Shadez said don't be afraid to ask questions, we aren't afraid to try and answer them :wink-b:

OP
pizzaman

pizzaman

Reaction score
thanx for the welcomes.

seems like a friendly group.