Hello from So.Cal!

MBPhotos

Reaction score
Hello there droid users! My name is Michael Barry in southern California. My interests are Photography, cars and of course, technology of all sortsdancedroid.

Anyway, my contract with AT&T will be up on the 8th of October and I will have to start paying for my own phone/service. At the moment I don't have a job (nobody hiring in my area unfortunately) so I have to go cheap. I decided to go with Metro PCS. I heard that I can get an android phone flashed onto Metro PCS and would LOVE to get the Droid X, if not, then the Incredible and flash it over to Metro. Has anybody done this? Are there any flaws? I know the service is nowhere near as good as Verizon, but I can get unlimited talk, text (sms and mms), web, data, navigation ect.. for only $40 a month. Which is literally about half of what Verizon would charge to get similar features with the Droid X.

What should I look out for? I know a place that can flash it to Metro for $90 with the first month of service free, just like Metro does.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I can't wait to learn more! :D

Thanks,
-Mike

OP
M

MBPhotos

Reaction score
Thanks Mike :)

I ended up deciding to go with the Droid Eris instead. I know it can be flashed and found someone that will do it for $100 and I get all the features (talk, sms, mms, web, data, navigation ect..) and it uses the $40 a month plan :D

I just can't really afford an X or Incredible or even Droid 2 right now, maybe once I get a job I'll upgrade ;)

I'll do a more in depth look using the search, thanks! (I completely forget about them on forums sometimes and I was a bit overwhelmed with the size of this one lol)

OP
M

MBPhotos

Reaction score
I have thought of doing that as I have jailbroken many ipod touch's and iphones and even unlocked one iphone to t-mobile for a friend.

But is rooting the same or similar to flashing?? I will basically be taking and buying a used Eris for about $100 then flashing it to be used on MetroPCS. But I need to transfer my old number from AT&T that i'm using right now because i run my photography business with that number and don't want to lose it.

OP
M

MBPhotos

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Mike, I'll check it out :)

And thanks for the welcome tparker76 :)