Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Been Wondering Where the HTC Merge Went? Over to Alltel.

After all he talk of the HTC Merge coming to Verizon and the accessories in the stores. All that to get disappointed in the end. Now on its way to Alltel and if it passes some final tests, could be available in the next month or so.

• First appearance, looking like a fantastic global device.
  • We give you more pictures of it.
  • We leak the user guide.
  • Supposed to be released on November 11.
  • Rumored to be delayed for an LTE radio.
  • Appears on Verizon’s site briefly.
  • Disappears and is no where to be seen at CES.
  • Now headed to Alltel.
And to add to this news, we’ve also learned that Alltel will be getting the DROID X.

by Kellex
Source Droid Life

magma_camel

Reaction score
wtf that almost looks like a good phone. how come it goes to alltel plus wtf is going on with alltel anyways i thought it was finaly merged (no pun intended) into verizon?

jim1969

Reaction score
figures. I waited for this phone for months based on rumors from another forum.

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
Alltel? There are almost no alltel stores anywhere since they merged with VZW. What a waste.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i'm very confused by this alltel deal? i thought they all went to verizon.. i did..
well it stinks, i really wanted that phone. i guess this is just one more nail in the (get rid of android and move to iphone) coffin for me. too bad. i was looking forward to this

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
Ferreal? i was ready to get this phone over the X, oh well. couldnt be happier with my X, but still...Alltel?

barcodelinux

Reaction score
Alltel?? Really?!?! What happened to all that Verizon branding that we saw on the leaks and reviewer videos? I am sooooooooo pissed! I have been waiting for this device for months. For me, this was the perfect device (minus that Sense crap). It had everything that I wanted and now its headed to a carrier that might have 10K users on the books? WTF was HTC thinking? All that R&D wasted on a 3rd rate carrier. What a shame.

Hmmm...these are still CDMA devices, right? Why not just buy them outright and flash them over to Cricket? My contract is up with big red anyways.

UNC

Reaction score
Its also on Sprint as the HTC Evo Shift 4g.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

JCo352

Reaction score
So I'm to believe that it's going to Alltel because it has an Alltel wallpaper on it?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
i'm very confused by this alltel deal? i thought they all went to verizon.. i did..
well it stinks, i really wanted that phone. i guess this is just one more nail in the (get rid of android and move to iphone) coffin for me. too bad. i was looking forward to this
Alltel is still in 6 states after the VZW acquisition

SquintyOS

Reaction score
Aparrently, they still serve six stares most likely in the more rural areas. I have no clue which states these are but, roaming is still through VZW and Sprint. Kinda sad that Merge did that. Before I got my Pro, it was either the Pro, that or Droid 2 Global. ALL of which had global capabilities. I'm just frine with my Pro and could still upgrade another one of my lines to get an LTE device.

UNC

Reaction score
Aparrently, they still serve six stares most likely in the more rural areas. I have no clue which states these are but, roaming is still through VZW and Sprint. Kinda sad that Merge did that. Before I got my Pro, it was either the Pro, that or Droid 2 Global. ALL of which had global capabilities. I'm just frine with my Pro and could still upgrade another one of my lines to get an LTE device.

I'll say it again, the HTC Merge is available from Sprint! If you really want the phone, you should go give it a try.