HTC Merge 360-degree view appears, quickly disappears from Verizon's site

bug_monster

Reaction score
Most recent leaks have suggested that the first version will be 3G only, with an LTE version coming later; similar to how the D2 got global a few months after the first version.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MacPhobia

Reaction score
You know that OCD guy you meet on the street obsessing about his shoes or briefcase or whatever? No...?

I can't get over the fact that android is a GOOGLE owned software but Verizon screws everyone over by making BING the default search engine.

Also, I don't like the icon for Bing. See? OCD. :)

DaWolf85

Reaction score
You know that OCD guy you meet on the street obsessing about his shoes or briefcase or whatever? No...?

I can't get over the fact that android is a GOOGLE owned software but Verizon screws everyone over by making BING the default search engine.

Also, I don't like the icon for Bing. See? OCD. :)

Google also has news, shopping, videos, etc. sections that Bing has not executed nearly as well, if it even tries.

MacPhobia

Reaction score
Totally bro, Google is leading in most departments for phone functionality, why take away their search engine? Its like buying an Xbox but running PS3 software. It's just wrong.

B

budmonster

when is the merge expected to go on sale, online or in stores? im getting a DX in the mail tomorrow from VZW, might have to return it for a Merge.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
well it showed face online on the verizon site this was a hint of it coming soon & verizon was hosting a invite only launch party

wingdo

Reaction score
adam not confirmed lte but it has the same exact hardware specs as the G2 T-mobile & that is $G HTC is known to burrie hidden fetaure's in there source so when LTE comes out next year a OTA can unlock the 4g LTE

Wait ... What???

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
adam not confirmed lte but it has the same exact hardware specs as the G2 T-mobile & that is $G HTC is known to burrie hidden fetaure's in there source so when LTE comes out next year a OTA can unlock the 4g LTE

Wait ... What???

Yeah has the same specs of hardware & the same cell radio as the G2 according to the leaked specs online of the HTC merge Verizon. so it says 3G but it could be like SPRINTS EPIC & HAVE 3 G 4G OPTION i KNOW WHEN EPIC LAUNCHED IT HAD BOTH BUT i AM just saying that the hardware specs & the radio specs are exact so it has the hardware to run 4G only time will tell I will be out & about for black Friday getting all the deals on wireless & electronic stuff

wingdo

Reaction score

Wait ... What???

Yeah has the same specs of hardware & the same cell radio as the G2 according to the leaked specs online of the HTC merge Verizon. so it says 3G but it could be like SPRINTS EPIC & HAVE 3 G 4G OPTION i KNOW WHEN EPIC LAUNCHED IT HAD BOTH BUT i AM just saying that the hardware specs & the radio specs are exact so it has the hardware to run 4G only time will tell I will be out & about for black Friday getting all the deals on wireless & electronic stuff

Yeah but T-Mo's "4g" is really just spiffed up GSM 3G. For VZW to have this come with LTE it would need two separate radio systems in place. It'd be great if it were, but until someone proves both CDMA and LTE chipsets are in there I'm not going to hold my breath.

I find it far more believable that the D2G is actually LTE capable since it already has GSM and CDMA.

bug_monster

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we'll know if it has LTE capabilities the instant it is officially announced. Once we get the model number and info, a quick look at FCC records will confirm what technologies and frequencies the unit is cleared for. I believe the Merge has already been identified in FCC records anyway.

As fun as it would be to have "hidden" powers ready to be released at a future date, it's not realistic. In any case, someone will open it up within a day or two and tear it down to identify the chips and other components, physically eliminating the possiblity of hidden LTE.