All you people with rooted phones

HarshReality

Reaction score
Nope.. not at all. I got my D1 for 20.00 with the contract. Granted its a high dollar toy but what am I really out of pocket if it gets smoked?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you're rooted if something does go wrong with the phone you bring the phone back to stock and then you exercise your warranty.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! If you can't resurrect it, that's where insurance comes in :)

When you're rooted if something does go wrong with the phone you bring the phone back to stock and then you exercise your warranty.

DroidForums Junkie!!

cpjr

Reaction score
Rooted or not, I've never paid for the warranty.

OP
MrsTokyo

MrsTokyo

Reaction score
Okaaay, but what if you can't bring it back to stock :(

Then you're fuuuuu

+1! If you can't resurrect it, that's where insurance comes in :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Which is why he said insurance comes in to play. They don't care as long as they get their money.

tappin and a talkin

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Id you pay attention and follow directions it is kinda hard to brick them. Are my signature. Research..........

jsw6380a

Reaction score
If* and see* oops.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
I'm not sure why people would pay for the warranty...or phone insurance for that matter. My phone broke once, Verizon replaced it without any questions. Sure we walked through some troubleshooting steps...but that is it. I unrooted and sent them the damaged phone.

OP
MrsTokyo

MrsTokyo

Reaction score
Uhh because these phones are freaking expensive and if something were to happen and we wanted or needed to exchange it, OOPS! Sorry no can do cuz I didn't get insurance.... << don't think soo

I'm not sure why people would pay for the warranty...or phone insurance for that matter. My phone broke once, Verizon replaced it without any questions. Sure we walked through some troubleshooting steps...but that is it. I unrooted and sent them the damaged phone.

Swyped like a mothaa

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Idc bout insurance to begin with. If u root ur phone it should mean u read up on it and kno wat ur doin. And for any matter currently I have an ally. I paid 50 for it with a 2yr contract. That was for a new one. If I needed another, the deductable is 50 or more for a refurbished. And the fact I paid 50 for it is not a big deal.

For haters:

noone is forcing u to root. A lot of us like the extra features u can do wit ur phone. If ur so against it don't do it. And if u pay so little for somethin n worry bout it, quit being cheap...

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Uhh because these phones are freaking expensive and if something were to happen and we wanted or needed to exchange it, OOPS! Sorry no can do cuz I didn't get insurance.... << don't think soo

Well I must have been a special case then because I got a new phone for free, without the purchase of a warranty or insurance.....Good Luck to all!

OP
MrsTokyo

MrsTokyo

Reaction score
I have a droid x and it does not cost $50 or was free. So it would behoove me to get the insurance.

I did not create this thread to "hate", on the contrary I'm interested in rooting my phone.

Swyped like a mothaa

Last edited by a moderator:

Nods_Dad

Reaction score
Basically its like has been said....if you need to take it back unroot...I'm rooted and I'm not worried about it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk