All Text Messages From Unkown Contact

mikejody

Reaction score
Greetings,

I must have a setting wrong because every single text message I get on my Droid2 come from "Unknown Contact." However, when I click on "Unknown Contact" and go into the messaging client it then shows me who sent the message just fine.

So why does the initial message I receive on my phone say "Unknown Contact"? I mean every single one of them, even people who are in my contact list.

Any thoughts on what I did wrong, and any suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know I've never noticed. Then again I've only recently started using Verizon's texting now that I have the unlimited text. I was using Google Voice for messaging.

What you might do is download handcent from the Market. I'm pretty sure that will have a pop up that tells you who's sending the text.

OP
M

mikejody

Reaction score
OK I did that, unfortunately it did not work. Message still comes in from "Unknown Contact." Any other suggestions?

You know I've never noticed. Then again I've only recently started using Verizon's texting now that I have the unlimited text. I was using Google Voice for messaging.

What you might do is download handcent from the Market. I'm pretty sure that will have a pop up that tells you who's sending the text.