All New HTC One Promo Materials Arrive at Verizon; May Sell on Launch Day, Mar. 25

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verzion-m8-teaser-1.jpg

We have great news for Verizon users who were anxiously awaiting any info regarding the next-generation HTC One coming to Big Red. Promotional materials have already been spotted at a Verizon retail store. Not only that, but there is talk that VZW will have the phone available on the day it is unveiled or very soon after!

vzw-htc-one-flyer-spanish-teaser-2.jpg

In case you haven't read our previous articles on the subject, that launch date is March 25th, which is next Tuesday! The current intel indicates that HTC will reveal and launch the HTC One at 1PM Eastern Time. If this new rumor holds true, there are going to be many happy Big Red customers! Sound off if you will be one of them.

Source: Phandroid

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I wonder what wrenches this throws (if any) into the conspiracy theories from last year about why it took so long for the One to reach Verizon (about 4 months late, IIRC). One theory suggested it had something to do with the exclusivity of the DNA and the need to clear out inventory first. Seems unlikely in hindsight. Another is that it just took longer for Verizon given their "unique" needs (translation: several months of negotiations over what cool features -- e.g., FM radio -- that HTC would cripple for the Verizon version of the One). Also unlikely, given the current iteration. I guess I can't guess why it's on time this time. Or wait, maybe it's on time because VZW finally realized THE SOONER WE SELL IT, THE MORE MONEY WE'LL MAKE. Nah, could it be that simple?

-Matt

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I may consider trading up my Note 3 to this phone on TMobile. Samsung radios suck and I'm getting a little tired of Samsung. I'll have to definitely look at the device first and will wait until we see if the radios are decent or not but ya, my Note 3 has crap for reception and data connectivity.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Finally something on VZW that has peaked my interest enough to actually want to buy it.

I can finally get rid of my pos Galaxy Nexus and it's quiet little speaker and crappy radio, question is buy on subsidy and get screwed on my unlimited plan or just outright buy the thing off contract.

I really love my unlimited plan and would hate to give it up. But I also hate having to shell out a buttload of cash to buy it off contract.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Guys, the One is a superb phone. I'm extremely happy with it, and would be even more so with the new version. Better camera, better capacitive buttons...and did I read that right, a microSD card slot? For those who must have a removable battery, it's a relatively small compromise for so many other excellent features.

-Matt