All I can say is WOW....thank you CM7

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
So....today my wife comes home and tells me her speaker phone isn't working anymore.....that and her phone is running slow (D2G). I thought...."didn't CM7 just get released for this?"....looked and sure enough there it was. So....without consulting (typically bad idea) I flashed CM7 on my wife's D2G.

WOW....this is a whole new phone now. I just can't get over how much faster and functional it is. Amazing to put it in one word.

My only complaint is the mirrored camera which I am sure will be fixed. Well that and there is no CM7 for my D3.

Thank you to all who work on Cyanogen. You guys are amazing.

KJabs

Reaction score
was this definitely a Droid 2 Global? Which CM7 version did you use? Because last I checked, there's only some third party ones at http://www.revnumbers.info/d2g.html ... and when I tried the most recent nightly for the Droid 2 Regular, it didn't work...

Asphyx

Reaction score
The Froyo base has been accepted as an official build for D2G by Cyanogen but I believe there is a hold on posting info to the Cyanogen site because GB was released and is the CM version that supports GB is currently under development and solves the few issues the Froyo version had remaining.
Right now the GB version works better than the Froyo one (Try the 8-26 version if the others do not work well for you as it is very stable)

Part of the delay and problems with recent updates have to do with the site the source files are kept was hacked and they are currently going through them to make sure no real damage was done.
But if you want to run CM7 right now the best one to use is the GB Base version. If you need GSM though hold off as there is an issue with GSM right now that is being hashed out.

KJabs

Reaction score
The Froyo base has been accepted as an official build for D2G by Cyanogen but I believe there is a hold on posting info to the Cyanogen site because GB was released and is the CM version that supports GB is currently under development and solves the few issues the Froyo version had remaining.
Right now the GB version works better than the Froyo one (Try the 8-26 version if the others do not work well for you as it is very stable)

Part of the delay and problems with recent updates have to do with the site the source files are kept was hacked and they are currently going through them to make sure no real damage was done.
But if you want to run CM7 right now the best one to use is the GB Base version. If you need GSM though hold off as there is an issue with GSM right now that is being hashed out.

just tried the 9-08 version and it gets stuck in a bootloop with the cyanogenmod logo just looping repeatedly ... now to try the 8-26 I guess.

KJabs

Reaction score
edit: fixed by wiping data/cache

Last edited: