[CM7] on Droid Bionic with dual boot

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks to deodexed on rootzwiki for post

This is an amazing hack by Hashcode! He built a hack to load CM7 on the Droid 3 that will also work on the Droid Bionic! I tested it on the Droid Bionic today and it worked! (ya I am crazy)

Now you need to note that this is in the begining stages, but with us Devs teaming up, this can be great!

Thanks to Hashcode and of course Cyanogenmod team!

Hashcode Github: https://github.com/Hashcode

Details can be found here:
[video=youtube;eh2r-4g-JWs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2r-4g-JWs[/video]

Also thanks to Droidtheroy for his rom that was featured in the begining of this video! =)

Update Below

Use caution if testing this and do not Blame any of us for messing up your Bionic"

Thanks to hashcode, I was able to use his Safestrap to load CM7 on the Bionic. I will post the link below to how it works so other Devs can start playing with this method! This is a great method to use in order to get things started with out bricking your phone!

D3 method (works on Bionic)
Hash of Codes: How CM7 fell onto my Droid 3 (and possibly yours too)

Hash of Codes: Beta Testing: Safestrap w/ CM7

svickstc

Reaction score
So you can now truly dual boot with the D3?

This is done all through safestrap? I am very interested in this...

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
Wow that lock screen is nice!! I was reading on his site that he also has a Bootstrap app with BP tools enabled for the D3. I wonder if this works on the Bionic since his safestrap worked? It would be nice to be able to get into CWM recovery through BP tools when boot looping!

Edit: Decided to try it and see if it works and it does work..only problem is that CWM Recovery only reads sdcard-ext not internal sdcard. If you use Rom Manager to make backups it creates the backups on sdcard. So you would have to move your backups to be able to restore them after going into recovery from bp tools. Still a very nice feature to have. Alot easier than having to restore then root when boot looping

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a huge step in development and I know a lot of people who are working hard to bring this to fruition - can't wait myself :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
For first time users of this method the initial backup will take about two hours, you only have to make this backup once just make sure your battery is good and that you can do without your phone for a few hours

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk