All apps open over night??? WTF!! & more...

queenAnnalise

Reaction score
Okay so for a while i have woken up to my alarm, like normal every morning. I hit dismiss and unlock my phone to check my texts. But before i can do that i have to back out of a continuous loop of every single app i own...I have no idea how this happens. The only way to stop it is to hit the "home" button. This doesn't stop the apps. Just has them running in the background. So then i have to go into settings and force stop on them all.

Another thing that just started last night is this: My phone was sitting on the sofa next to me and it vibrated once and it was very short. I unlocked my phone and to my surprise there was nothing going on-no app update, no text, no email, no nothing. It did it again around midnight and it hasnt done it since.

I also have weird force close notifications when the app isn't being used. I dont use youtube on my phone and if im on Pinterest or Facebook i get "popups"saying "youtube has unexpectedly stopped working. force close/report" or my home screen will unexpectedly stopped working. what does that mean???( it can be any app, not just home screen and youtube. If im not using it, its subject to interfere with me....GRRRR)

I know this is a lot to take in and diagnose, but i am getting so mad. Its an amazing phone when these issues are not constant.

PLEASE HELP!! :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How often do you reboot your device?? You should do it once a day according to moto, once a week according some, and once in a while according to others..

Its good practice to hold volume down and power to reboot the device every few days.. it clears things up.. it will make the phone run better, more efficiently...

Also, you should clear the cache on it once a month approximately..

I think for your device that rebooting it will clear up all of those running apps.. try it and report back with your findings :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And welcome to the DROID forums :)

OP
queenAnnalise

queenAnnalise

Reaction score
hmmmmmm, never knew that was what you did to reboot. I just thought that's how you take screen shots. LOL. I rebooted it. ill clear my cached items. I've done this every now and then on a certain app. Is there a way to do it to them all at once?