[ALERT] Tapatalk Security Incident

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
JjFVfbYI6UBrWkDv7waLSkrGiY6zFG00DSOvdPNLClULl2qlkMW0Hivx35xdZB4mtfqiyODYxWjPxDDEklfUZRXoMZwxPyF0AxUGyr-amS1mGgs=s0-d-e1-ft

As many of you use Tapa, I wanted to share this alert I received today. Please follow the directions below. The second link goes directly to the Tapa password change screen.

Dear Tapatalk Forum Community,

Today we discovered that someone had used an exploit in a third party plugin on the Tapatalk support forums, leading to the disclosure of email addresses and encrypted passwords, and possibly passwords in cleartext if you attempted to login since December 9th.

Due to this incident, please log into www.tapatalk.com/v2 and change your password.

• Please choose a strong password, containing a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers and even symbols if possible.
  • Never use the same password on more than one site. Passwords should be unique to each site they access in order to comply with basic security best practices.
No other systems appear to have been affected and we will continue to perform audits. In the meantime our support forums will be brought back online but we will be rolling back the site approximately a week as a precaution. Posts and messages since that time will not be restored in this process.

Again, all passwords have been invalidated and will no longer work. Please reset your password using the reset password page and then following the instructions provided in the email.

We are sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience,

The Tapatalk Team

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK.. Every time I try.. It fails.. Something is up.. Sure this is legit?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I went into profile.. And edit profile. And changed it there..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk.. My luck with tapatalk stuff is well.. Lacking lol

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK.. Every time I try.. It fails.. Something is up.. Sure this is legit?
Once you change it it logs you out and you have to log in with the new password.
The second link in the op is the correct one to use to change it, the first doesn't take into effect your password had been voided.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Once you change it it logs you out and you have to log in with the new password.
The second link in the op is the correct one to use to change it, the first doesn't take into effect your password had been voided.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
It wouldn't do anything. It kept saying unable to locate profile and user.. I just changed my password from the app... No biggy..

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't do anything. It kept saying unable to locate profile and user.. I just changed my password from the app... No biggy..
Glad you got it fixed

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
They can have my Tapatalk password. Worse they can do is post nonsense under my name, nothing new there!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
They can have my Tapatalk password. Worse they can do is post nonsense under my name, nothing new there!

?
Yeah seriously! How would that be any different than usual?

#ohnohedidnt