Airplane mode lockscreen gesture

dimpelli

Reaction score
Is there any way to turn airplane mode on with a gesture on the lockscreen? I just got CM 7.1 yesterday on my D2 and love it so far. This is the only thing I can't seem to figure out. I also would like to know if there is a way to be able to pull down the notification bar without unlocking. I used widgetlocker before which lets you do that, but I really like the CM7 lockscreen and I'd like to stick with it, as long as I'm able to do both of these things. I spent most of yesterday afternoon messing around with settings, but can't seem to find a way to do either of those. Thanks

havens1515

Reaction score
If you have tasker, you can create a task for toggling Airplane mode, and create a gesture for that task. Or if you have a widget that does the toggle, you may be able to create a gesture that toggles the widget. That's the only thing I can think of though. I looked through the options, and couldn't find a way to do it from the options given.

As far as the notifications being pulled down while it's locked... I'm 99% sure that's not possible from within CM Settings.

OP
D

dimpelli

Reaction score
I've heard alot of amazing things about tasker, but I don't know if I want to spend $6.50 on an app. I know it'll essentially let me do anything, but I don't know. Is it worth the price?

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I bought locale and tasker. locale is awesome! Tasker is 10 * better but much more involved in it's set up. if you are looking for a basic situation locale is now only 4 dollars , but if you are looking to be able to automate virtually everything then taskar is the answer and well worth every penny. locale is biding my time as I learn tasker.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

havens1515

Reaction score
I've heard alot of amazing things about tasker, but I don't know if I want to spend $6.50 on an app. I know it'll essentially let me do anything, but I don't know. Is it worth the price?

I absolutely LOVE tasker, I use it for so many things. It took me a little playing around with it to really understand how it works though. If you do a Google search for it and find their website, you can get a trial copy of it that lasts a week or so. (Plus if you erase the program data it resets the trial, so I used it for 2 weeks before paying for it)

Also, from their website you can get a license for $5 instead of the $6.50 that it costs on the market.

bobstro

Reaction score
If you don't want to do essentially anything, or if you're OK loading up on a bunch of separate little apps to do the same things and can find them all for less, then it's not worth it. Personally, I find supporting a dev in the amount of a cup of coffee and a donut a real bargain for what tasker allows me to do. I've yet to find another solution that works so well for selectively turning GPS on and off based on apps loading, for example.