How To Change Lockscreen's "No Service" Text On Droid 2 For Phones Not using Verizon

missionman

Reaction score
dancedroidOk so does anyone know how to navigate the system files in the Droid 2 to change the "No Service" string (text) that shows on the lockscreen when phone is in airplane mode? I do not use this phone with Verizon. Im only using it for WiFi on CM7. Any help or tutorials would be greatly appreciated! Others seem to want to know this too but no help is yet available as far as i can see. maybe a system strings editor app is out there for droids..
-missionman

goldbolt

Reaction score
I am in the EXACT same situation and would love to know a solution to this problem. I have tried to use the root tools app to change the carrier name but also tried within the CM7 settings but whenever I switch to airplane mode it always changes back to (No Service).

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
You could try using a replacement lockscreen. Widgetlocker has built in GB or ICS themes that are a very close match to stock, and it'll get rid of the carrier info.

goldbolt

Reaction score
Well the thing is that the (No Service) also shows up in the drop down notification bar thing and that bugs me too, plus I really like how CM7 decorates my lockscreen so... yeah.