Again apps not showing up in the market

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
again since this device isnt officially supported yet there are some things that aren't working right now. I expect it to be fully functional on the 15th.

Ok I pretty much don't think that is the case or will be working on the 15th.
I have about 150 app's... 1138 are installed when I entered my gmail info onto my device via sync.
About 15 app's did not, some are paid, some are freebies.

I can see More Icon Widgets free version but not the paid version that I purchased.
Sling Media can't be found either via search or any other way.
Additionally MyMemo wont show via a search within the market as well so I don't think this is a 15th fix...

NOW I have been able to install the named above app's via MyBackup Pro and they are operational, BUT they are still not show in the market.

If you were right in your assumption then most of my 150 app's would not be visual either.
Verizon told me the other day that I should program my device and start using it so we did...
I kinda think its working now as it will on the 15th...

Maybe you can share with me why most app's are visual / installed via my gmail account and some not.

This is the same issue that we had a few weeks back, with some app's just not being in the market that should be.

What is your firmware version (go to settings > About phone > system version)

2.1 update1
As I said if I install the apk's via MyBackup it installs and works, as they do on my Droid, and Incredible.

clubtech

Reaction score
Ok I pretty much don't think that is the case or will be working on the 15th.
I have about 150 app's... 1138 are installed when I entered my gmail info onto my device via sync.
About 15 app's did not, some are paid, some are freebies.

I can see More Icon Widgets free version but not the paid version that I purchased.
Sling Media can't be found either via search or any other way.
Additionally MyMemo wont show via a search within the market as well so I don't think this is a 15th fix...

NOW I have been able to install the named above app's via MyBackup Pro and they are operational, BUT they are still not show in the market.

If you were right in your assumption then most of my 150 app's would not be visual either.
Verizon told me the other day that I should program my device and start using it so we did...
I kinda think its working now as it will on the 15th...

Maybe you can share with me why most app's are visual / installed via my gmail account and some not.

This is the same issue that we had a few weeks back, with some app's just not being in the market that should be.

2.1 update1
As I said if I install the apk's via MyBackup it installs and works, as they do on my Droid, and Incredible.

No, i meant the system version.
Are you on 1.13.514 or 1.13.604 or something else?
The apps you are not seeing are called protected apps and they will only show up once Google approves the system version and device ID.
This is usually done on google's end and might be done on the 15th when the device is released.

I am 1.13.514 and can't see protected apps either.
I heard there was an OTA update to 1.13.604 and was wondering if people on this version can see the protected apps in the market.
For some reason i never received this OTA update.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score

2.1 update1

No, i meant the system version.
Are you on 1.13.514 or 1.13.604 or something else?
The apps you are not seeing are called protected apps and they will only show up once Google approves the system version and device ID.
This is usually done on google's end and might be done on the 15th when the device is released.

I am 1.13.514 and can't see protected apps either.
I heard there was an OTA update to 1.13.604 and was wondering if people on this version can see the protected apps in the market.
For some reason i never received this OTA update.

1.13.516.MB810.Version.en.US

clubtech

Reaction score
Check and see if there is a system update for u. If there is upgrade and are if that fixes it. If there is not i guess we need to wait until the 15th.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Check and see if there is a system update for u. If there is upgrade and are if that fixes it. If there is not i guess we need to wait until the 15th.

Hmm thats new....
There appears to be a update 1.13.604.en.US.
I had to go into update and manually check to see if a update was available, it told me there was 1.

Normally you get a automatic message on the home screens that inform you there is a update.

Took over 5 minutes so it must be a bunch of fix's or upgrades.

After the install and all I still cant see my app's.

Not sure what this update has done yet.

virginia4eva

Reaction score
Mine seem to be showing up fine:icon_ banana:I got mine today though. Could there be a difference? How long ago did you get yours?

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Mine seem to be showing up fine:icon_ banana:I got mine today though. Could there be a difference? How long ago did you get yours?

Got mine 10 days ago.

Try this for me...
Search for Weatherbug and see if you can see the free and the Elite version please.

Thanks

clubtech

Reaction score

Search for Gameloft. see if you see only one app, then it is not working properly.

clubtech

Reaction score

Search for Gameloft. see if you see only one app, then it is not working properly.

Searched Gameloft and it only brought up Dungeon Hunter Editor.
Nothing more

Yea you are not seeing protected apps. i was interested in knowing if virginia4eva was able to see protected apps.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score

Searched Gameloft and it only brought up Dungeon Hunter Editor.
Nothing more

Yea you are not seeing protected apps. i was interested in knowing if virginia4eva was able to see protected apps.

If that is the case then there is a way around it I just don't think I am going to go down that road verse waiting until the 15th to see it its a go.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...ected-app-market-fix-tutorial-build-prop.html

clubtech

Reaction score
Did this ever get resolved?
My market is still not showing protected apps and the device is being released tomorrow!

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Did this ever get resolved?
My market is still not showing protected apps and the device is being released tomorrow!

Nope hoping for tomorrow but no one has gotten back to me.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Still dot see any of my app's, as I figured.