After zoom, no text reflow?

nwlake

Reaction score
I've read in several reviews, and see in one review video, that after pinching to zoom text, the text does not reformat to screen size. (Although one forum contributor said it did reflow with double-tap zoom.) I know that the DINC does reflow, which is an htc SENSE feature. Is this something that could be fixed with a future OTA update, or is it a permanent feature of this UI? It seems like a critical function, considering that this phone is almost a media tablet.

FrostMan

Reaction score
If you use pinch zoom to zoom in, then just double tap the screen and it will reflow or whatever it is called. Even on 2.2 it is like that.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's how every Android phone is. Pinch to zoom has never resized text. Double Tap is easy enough though.

OP
N

nwlake

Reaction score
I owned a DINC before returning it due to poor call quality; it did reflow text after pinch to zoom, if my memory isn't failing. But if double tap works, that's okay.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, you may be right. HTC's Sense UI may implement text resizing with pinch to zoom. I should have said stock Android phones only do it when double tapping.

OP
N

nwlake

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I'm trying to learn as much as possible, prior to ordering one. I'm going to try to be patient and let the dust settle after customers have had a chance to review them; and hopefully play with one in a store too. Now I know double tap zoom might be the best way to resize text, rather than pinch to zoom.

OP
N

nwlake

Reaction score
I just watched the androidcentral video review (http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-x-review) and when he did double tap to zoom, the text did not reformat to fit the screen. He was moving through features really fast though, and maybe didn't allow the necessary time. I need to know this before I buy the phone, since I read the news online and often zoom text. I know I'll get better info here than from a Verizon rep. Maybe just have to wait until the phone is in hands of users.

dangerous

Reaction score
I just watched the androidcentral video review (file:///Users/gailgalen/Desktop/Phone%20info/Motorola%20Droid%20X%20review%20%7C%20Android%20Central.webarchive), and when he did double tap to zoom, the text did not reformat to fit the screen. He was moving through features really fast though, and maybe didn't allow the necessary time. I need to know this before I buy the phone, since I read the news online and often zoom text. I know I'll get better info here than from a Verizon rep. Maybe just have to wait until the phone is in hands of users.

Gail, you posted a link to your Local Hard Drive..

J

Johnly

If you are running flash on froyo, you will have to go into settings and re apply text flow:)

Don't know about 2.1 OS devices, hehe

OP
N

nwlake

Reaction score
Oh, lucky you! hehe. Thanks. Guess I'll just wait for froyo.