Adw

JJDH

Reaction score
Finally have the nexus.. this is going to sound lame since I don't root or those things yet, I downloaded adw launcher from the market and can't find it to launch it. How do I do that? Sorry if this is a weak question. I have no excuse!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Creed

Reaction score
Ok. Picture guide! Basically go into settings, select apps, select all, then look for Launcher.apk (for me it is called trebuchet but for you it is launcher), then select clear defaults. When you next hit the home key you will be prompted with a menu that will allow you to select a launcher. Choose ADW and select 'set as default!'

View attachment 46293View attachment 46294View attachment 46295View attachment 46296

Reaction score
i have adw that i paid for when i had the bionic, but haven't downloaded it onto my GN. how much faster does it drain your battery than the stock launcher?

OP
JJDH

JJDH

Reaction score
Thank -you

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

What316

Reaction score
i have adw that i paid for when i had the bionic, but haven't downloaded it onto my GN. how much faster does it drain your battery than the stock launcher?

I cant answer that since I dont use adw, but have ya tried nova launcher? That's a great launcher for ICS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I cant answer that since I dont use adw, but have ya tried nova launcher? That's a great launcher for ICS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

is that the $15 one? looks sweet, but not worth $15 to me lol

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
+++++1 on Nova. It's awesome. Good customization and performance. I love that you can set the screen transitions to be like the app drawer. Plus, you can backup your homescreens and restore with widgets.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I was slow to jump on the Nova bandwagon but it is definitely a nice improvement over stock...

For the op, if you download a home switcher type app (i.e. Home Smack), you can use it to switch between launchers.

The $15 home replacement app is SPB Shell 3D...:D

~it's not just a phone~