Advice needed with DNA! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brostrom4

Reaction score
So, back in May I was able to get the Droid DNA for free through a Verizon promotion (yeah, crazy huh?). I started a new contract, and I cant remember the price of the phone on contract, maybe $199.99 I think? Anyways, I purchased Asurion Insurance with it, which covers everything pretty much. I talked to a VZ representative via chat today, and asked if a phone is out of stock at a VZ store. She said yes, that they are doing away with the DNA and they'd be lucky to have 1 in stock at the store.

I really do like this phone, but I'm an android junky and love android phones. The DNA is my 4th one, and I currently want another...

Should I "drop" my phone on the cement and get a cracked screen, then bring it into a VZ store? I should be able choose a different phone that has an on contract price of $199.99. Would it be that easy? or no? Help me out please!

Thanks for your help.

Psykho

Reaction score
When you use your insurance they send you a certified like new phone and you send the broken one to them so it doesn't matter if the store doesn't have a DNA. My wife recently got her DNA replaced so Ausurion had them a couple weeks ago. Also it used to be $50 but I think I heard it's $100 now for the deductible.

Psykho

Reaction score
Oh and don't know if you heard but the Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5 update is out today so it kinda feels like a new phone again...

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
So, back in May I was able to get the Droid DNA for free through a Verizon promotion (yeah, crazy huh?). I started a new contract, and I cant remember the price of the phone on contract, maybe $199.99 I think? Anyways, I purchased Asurion Insurance with it, which covers everything pretty much. I talked to a VZ representative via chat today, and asked if a phone is out of stock at a VZ store. She said yes, that they are doing away with the DNA and they'd be lucky to have 1 in stock at the store.

I really do like this phone, but I'm an android junky and love android phones. The DNA is my 4th one, and I currently want another...

Should I "drop" my phone on the cement and get a cracked screen, then bring it into a VZ store? I should be able choose a different phone that has an on contract price of $199.99. Would it be that easy? or no? Help me out please!

Thanks for your help.

Asurion maintains stock on phones for years. That will never work. Asurion still carries Moto Droid Bionics for replacement.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This discussion constitutes insurance fraud... It makes prices higher for all of us....while I do understand your position...I can't condone it...I'm locking this thread for further review.

MAXXED OUT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.