Advanced Task Killer

Archrage

Reaction score
I recently bought the full version of Advanced Task Killer, and a friend was telling me that using the Auto-Kill feature could cause some of my apps to become corrupted. Has anyone heard of this happening or anything similar to it?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
ATK is not a needed app. Android is not like blackberry, Winmo or Palm.

allikanbe

Reaction score
I recently bought the full version of Advanced Task Killer, and a friend was telling me that using the Auto-Kill feature could cause some of my apps to become corrupted. Has anyone heard of this happening or anything similar to it?
As I found out just yesterday, the ATK was preventing my Droid from using Google voice search and the Google app while I was on 3G. Both Googles worked find on wifi, but as soon as i turned off wifi, they would not work. I deleted ATK, shut down, removed battery, restarted, and all works well on wifi and 3G.
Hook suggested I remove the app and he was right.

OP
Archrage

Archrage

Reaction score
As I found out just yesterday, the ATK was preventing my Droid from using Google voice search and the Google app while I was on 3G. Both Googles worked find on wifi, but as soon as i turned off wifi, they would not work. I deleted ATK, shut down, removed battery, restarted, and all works well on wifi and 3G.
Hook suggested I remove the app and he was right.

Well so far, i haven't had any problems just using the app normally (without the Auto-Kill feature enabled) but i was told when apps are shut down that way, it is done so with the correct kill command, while when they are auto killed, they are just forced closed. Thanks for the suggestions and i'll keep all of this in mind.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's the thing, for what you are using ATK for you can do right out of your settings in Applications, manage applications. You can force close running apps there too.

If it hasn't been 24 hours get your money back.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use the free version but do NOT allow auto kill or auto start.
I only use it for a fast manner to do what the app settings screen (that hookbill just mentioned) allows anyways.
think i have used it twice to restart setcpu for theme change on it.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use the free version but do NOT allow auto kill or auto start.
I only use it for a fast manner to do what the app settings screen (that hookbill just mentioned) allows anyways.
think i have used it twice to restart setcpu for theme change on it.

+1 this is what i use it for also.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Ahhh!!!! Atk!!! Burn it!! Burn it with fire!! Ahhh!!!

rjg41

Reaction score
Just bought a Droid X and the Verizon store laoded the Advanced Task Killer to my phone saying it was a good idea.

However, the problem I am having is that I kill apps and they begin to reload and activate in minutes such as Skype, Amazon MP3, Social Networking and others. Any idea how to kill these permanently?

Also, people are complaining about the phone shutting off after it is idle for a short time. My experience is that only the screen is shutting off and nothing is lost. This is obviously a power saver feature. Simply unlock the phone and nothing is lost.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The android operating system is nothing like Windows/Palm/RIM/Etc. Android loads apps in memory so they will be immediately available when you need them. Let me stress, these apps are not "running" in the sense that programs run when started in Windows. They are simply sitting in memory. You don't have to worry about them, as they do no harm just staying in memory until needed. If android needs additional memory, it will remove whatever needs to be removed in order to have the amount of memory it requires. Forget about watching how much free memory you have because it changes as the operating systems needs change. Delete any task killer the idiot Verizon reps convinced you to install, or that they installed. Killed apps will, in most cases, be put right back in memory by android.

geetarspaz

Reaction score
dont use any task killing apps. they are actually useless. my droid does better without it. you probably waste more battery and time killing than leaving them standby in the background. i have had two droids and my first one i installed it and had problems all the time, and got a new one, then this one without it has better battery span and just simply works better. plus, over half the apps you just killed will be re-opened within 10 minutes because thats just how google and motorola want it.

thats my opinion .