Adobe flash player 10.1 not running smoothley on my droid

lcool149

Reaction score
The question I have is about the adobe flash player 10.1. I recently got my update on my droid installed the flash player app and it works on my phone. but not as well as I would like. When i watch videos the video is jerky the sound is off and timing also kind of irritating. For example i found this site that plays live sports on adobe flash player. I told my friend about the site he has the Incredible. And it works great on his phone very smooth just like you were watching it on TV. On my droid it is very jerky and not smooth force closes all the time is there and thing I can do to make the flash player run smoother. It would be awesome to watch the game on my phone at work when i am not at home.

Thanks

everstar80

Reaction score
Are you rooted. If so then that may be the problem. Find one of threads that have moderaters that have rooted to the 2.2 update and they can help you work to fix it. If not maybe you can uninstall then reinstall flashplayer. Hope that helps.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
The question I have is about the adobe flash player 10.1. I recently got my update on my droid installed the flash player app and it works on my phone. but not as well as I would like. When i watch videos the video is jerky the sound is off and timing also kind of irritating. For example i found this site that plays live sports on adobe flash player. I told my friend about the site he has the Incredible. And it works great on his phone very smooth just like you were watching it on TV. On my droid it is very jerky and not smooth force closes all the time is there and thing I can do to make the flash player run smoother. It would be awesome to watch the game on my phone at work when i am not at home.

Thanks

this is most likely normal performance on the droid. The incredible is runs at 1 ghz(i think) the droid is only 550mhz.

everstar80

Reaction score
That's right joeybarclay, I forgot about the processor being a factor as to how fast or proficient flashplayer works. I think adobe said that it needed at least 800mhz to work well on android phones.

HamDog

Reaction score
Give us a link to the video you are talking about. Then we can try it out and give you our results. Not all videos are encoded the same in Flash.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thread Moved to Droid Applications-please post in the correct forum/sub forum