Adfree On Resound

Taco

Reaction score
I finally went through with rooting my Rezound mainly to block annoying in app ads. I downloaded adfree and I can't get ads to go away. Yes I am rooted as supersu is granting root access to adfree. I'm on the stock Rom with stock recovery.

I have tried rebooting, battery pulls, and clearing the cache in both the stock browser and in dolphin and to no avail. Any ideas?

Sent from my stock rooted ICS Rezound using Droid Forums!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have switched to "adaway" on my devices as adfree wasn't blocking / removing all the ads...you might check into it :) and good luck!

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
That seemed to block more than adfree was thanks!!! Still have some ads though :(. Maybe its because I haven't installed busybox?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
The ad-blockers aren't all they're cracked up to be. Really they're just loading your hosts file full of well known ad domains. The problem is that you can't get them all however if you are diligent in your pursuit of killing ads, you can probably get a good number of them.

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya. I just found it odd that I have the same apps on my Droid and I get no ads but I do on my Rezound.